UVA at Clemson thread

9 PM start on Tuesday. It’s an RSN game. Here’s the list of networks carrying it.

6 Likes

Bally sports empire continues to balloon

5 Likes

A win would be huge

5 Likes

Clemson hasn’t played since they waxed us last week. Hoping the long layoff works in our favor like when we played in Littlejohn last year.

1 Like

A win would be very big. Not sure what has to happen to get the tournament hopes back on track but this definitely moves things in the right direction

Winning 2 of the next 3 would get us back in the conversation, but then we have to not screw it up against the teams we are supposed to beat and probably win 1 more game we aren’t supposed to.

1 Like

My somewhat arbitrary line is top 4 ACC finish. The ACC is terrible and we are probably looking at 4 bids (small chance at 3 or 5 depending on how things shake out). While we could finish fourth and get left out for like the 5th place team based on record, as has happened before, we won’t be able to intelligently discuss that scenario until way later in the season.

So honestly I’m just boiling it down to top 4 and then go from there. Who exactly we beat will matter, but other than Duke, there’s no opportunity for huge resume-building wins in this league right now.

EDIT: Should say, I oversimplified. Obviously taking advantage of Q1 and Q2 opportunities will be critical. It’s just, if we do enough of that, we probably end up top 4. So it all kind of goes together.

3 Likes

My very very arbitrary line: continue improving such that a run in the ACC tourney is plausible. Currently, I think the auto-bid is the most plausible path. If we don’t improve substantially, we won’t be getting an auto bid or an at-large bid.

So I’m not focused on the Quad metrics, blah, blah. If we keep playing better, then I will look at them more closely in a couple weeks.

Basically, right now we are on the NIT bubble. Let’s get much better and then start thinking about whether we have what it takes for the NCAAs…

(Basically, I’ve become a “one game at a time” guy in my old age…)

6 Likes

Love that approach. All about building. If they go out compete and win more than they lose then they’ll be alright.

RIP John Madden.

6 Likes

9pm start sheeesh… didn’t know they moved Clemson to the west coast

9 Likes

Interrupting the dinner hour out here on the West Coast. Early dinner tonight kids!

2 Likes

Big win tonight for the Hoos. Hope Clemson plays zone!

YES network works for me surprisingly

5 Likes

we are going to lose.

I’m 0-1 picking against fresh and hope to keep it that way.

4 Likes

Lets keep the streak alive. Everytime they say Clemson Football tonight… Drink!

5 Likes

I believe I said the syracuse game could be comically bad for us…

Tonight’s game could be comically bad for us. On the road against a team that mollywhoped us.

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I think we are a 4 point dog. I’d take Clemson as I haven’t seen us put together 2 good halves in a row, let alone two games.

1 Like

Done

2 Likes

I thought we played well both halves against Syracuse. Refs did them a lot of solids. Not sure I trust our offense against the man though

3 Likes

I’m drinking the Kool -Aide from Saturday’s game. Give me Hoos on the money line.

3 Likes

Short memory like Fresh. Like it Dragon

3 Likes