UVA at FSU game thread

Uggh now 3 straight turnovers. I don’t know what Kody was doing with that cut into Kihei’s drive. Just created a traffic jam.

Just an awful stretch. Margin is too slim to have these.

Mamadi killing us. Stop dribbling. Should NOT be allowed to dribble more than twice.

1 Like

It is best if I dont say anything right now

1 Like

Mamadi had the fast break with Huff waiting behind final defender!

This is not a Kody game. I hope he proves me wrong with a big 2nd half but he’s overwhelmed by FSU’s aggression.

What they get 1 shot up in the last 4 minutes?

1 Like

Just a horrible last 4 minutes after a promising first 16.

3 minutes of terrible play, 12 mins of good play, then 5 more minutes of terrible ball.

3 Likes

Seems to be a theme unfortunately

1 Like

It looked like Tony was getting into Mamadi. He should be, he isn’t a guard so quit trying to be one.

2 Likes

Youth and inexperience lead to the uneven play. Also leaves me extra frustrated

1 Like

We’re shooting 48% but we have 11 TO. If we’d taken shots instead of giving them the ball back we’d have another 11 points.
Maddening

1 Like

My New Year’s resolution is really being tested right now

5 Likes

Mine too. I’m remembering why I’m enjoying my retirement from coaching

3 Likes

6 TOs in a row is just hard to watch. No team can absorb that type of run

3 Likes

You’re gonna turn the ball over against FSU. it’s unavoidable. But you can’t let it snowball like that. This team seems to have a fragile psyche. When things go bad, they have a hard time turning it around.

3 Likes

No 3’s but they played good enough to have the lead had it not been for the TO’s.

3 Likes

Simply put- we have to play guys the second half who value the ball, and make the simple play. Turnovers = runouts = open looks on the other end.

1 Like

Not agreeing with this, just sharing it from a long time (and always opinionated) beat writer.

I'm the only one thinking this, sure, but I'm wishing now Mamadi Diakite had stayed in the draft pool.

His body language is awful. The air about him that he seems to think he's the only guy who cares is worse.

Tony's explosion at him during that timeout is telling.

— CG0 (@AugFreePress) January 16, 2020