UVA at FSU thread (Sat 4pm)

Last time out against FSU we had a 10 point lead with a minute left despite poor shooting, and then had a bit of a meltdown before securing the win. Road games in the ACC are always tough and who knows how much of an impact Baba Miller has (he only had 4 points against Wake), but this is a game that on paper we SHOULD win comfortably if we shoot the ball well. Hopefully having a more healthy Reece will make a difference too, he struggled from the floor against FSU at home and Kihei had to pick up a good bit of the scoring slack.

4 Likes

Yeah, pretty sure it was on TV. It was clear something happened in the handshake line, but I don’t remember how clear exactly what (~9 years ago, at this point, if you can believe it)

1 Like

From your fingertips to God’s ear. But I’m still worried.

Against Wake … FSU shot 54% and 38% from 3 … they have been playing really well … problem was that Wake shot 55% and was 14/26 from three and 16/21 on FT’s. If Wake makes their season averages in that game FSU wins by 2. They usually force opponents to make threes.
Cleveland, Green, and Mills are playing really well …
Green is 3rd in the ACC in 3 pointers made with 49 and shoots it at 42%.

My biggest concern is whether we take advantage of their defensive lapses because just due to their length - they will be able to score over us at times even if we are closing out relatively well.

2 Likes

Part of playing well is defense.

“London Perrantes and Okaro White began shoving around midcourt”

Okaro 6’8"
Perrantes 6’2"

I love Perrantes.

10 Likes

What questions do we have for the pregame show today?

I want Dave to say something positive about this UVA team on camera. It cant be backhanded and must come with a true sense of joy expressing it.

9 Likes

Every show. Did you watch the post game vs UNC? Said it then … Reece was crazy good on defense that game.
Also love Isaacs bomb from the sideline!

1 Like

The team as a whole though

3 Likes

I love UVA basketball!!! Always have!!

3 Likes

What do you specifically love about this team (not individual players)?

2 Likes

I like the inside triangle
Offense they’ve been running…
I like how when they are at their best they are pushing the ball across to start the offense earlier and have more time to put pressure on opponents defense

2 Likes
7 Likes

Man we get Valentine every other game :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Woah. No start for Kadin today. Don’t love it.

6 Likes

Lol we had a discussion here as to whether to bring Kadin off the bench, but we all assumed that meant Papi as the starter. No one suggested Vander Plas…

3 Likes

Hmmm. Is this the right take away?

Shooting in the front court is needed. But did the small ball work because it was good or because Justin McKoy was -16 in his minutes of play? lol

3 Likes

FSU is long and got a lot of O rebounds, 2nd chances first go around. Seems risky, also no r protection……maybe it lights a fire