UVA at NC State thread

Kody stattman was also puking and shitting himself around the same time

3 Likes

Honestly what turned the tide and made this a much bigger hole were the turnovers. You take away three of those live-ball turnovers, we are right in this game despite their insane shooting night. Their defense is awful and we’ve shot well.

We are switching everything, and asking the big combo of Kody, Gardner, Shedrick and Cafero to contest.

Coaching staff has to pivot and play small… and give some run to Taine specifically.

Unfortunately mean reversion just means expect them to shoot at an average clip, not miss everything. We’ve already lost this one.

I could understand (maybe) if Stattmann did nothing well, but at least made no mistakes (think Nolte). But he does nothing well AND does LOTS wrong.

1 Like

Look, Miami came back to only lose by 1 when down to FSU by 24 at the half. We are still very much in this. NCST isn’t good defensively, and if they cool off somewhat, we’ve got a shot. Not all is lost quite yet.

2 Likes

I’m honestly being unfair to Stattmann. Kid is who he is and that’s obviously not a D1 caliber player. I’m more frustrated with Tony for playing him so much. And I’m sorry but there’s either two scenarios at play and both aren’t good.

1. Tony really does know best in this case and Kody is better than the other options which is a major indictment on Igor and Taine
  2. or Tony really is veteran at the cost of any development and that will continue to have long term ramifications
2 Likes

Maybe it’s that he’s “continuous”(ly awful).

Just need to ride Kody in the 2nd half

1 Like

If this is true (and I don’t believe it is) then it also speaks to piss poor recruit evaluations.

this is not correct

1 Like

Yeah this is the second year in a row we’re having this conversation as well.

Taine at this point could very well be another one and done recruit…

I don’t think they saw either of them. If they saw them, it wasn’t much.

Really what happened is we couldn’t get anybody good to come. So we took another 2 international flyers.

4 Likes

Well there was no excuse for not having Shedrick in there. They ain’t got nobody that can handle his size and man he is improving every game

2 Likes

If there was a loyalty program for international flyers, we would definitely be triple platinum diamond status.

1 Like

Morsell joining the 3 point parade.

Blowout alert.

3 Likes

Hey! I have now seen Casey make a 3!

Well. We aren’t very good are we?

I look forward to Taine and Igor getting thrown in for an awkward minute and a half when we’re down 20 and then getting yanked in favor of Kody.

2 Likes

This is hot garbage

1 Like