UVA at Notre Dame thread

Yes. He was a solid player. Good size and overall solid game. i loved the pitcher Connaughton. The guy can fly. Made himself an NBA player

3 Likes

I always think of Laphonso Ellis and David Rivers.

2 Likes

He drove me crazy. Always thought he should ve a scrub and then he would just ball. Also appreciate that he found a way to stick in the league

4 Likes

Kinda nice to be able to choose what sport you wanna make it in. Dude is a straight aflete

1 Like

Always Laphanso. Just a great dude and we were 4-0 vs his teams somehow

1 Like

While we’re on the topic of LaPhonso Ellis, I dislike more commentators than I like. But I very much enjoy hearing LaPhonso call a game. Doesn’t pick sides and genuinely sounds like he’s enjoying the game.

2 Likes

Such an awesome dude. He reminds me of one my other favorites Clark Kellog. he was such a cool guy when he did our games.

2 Likes

The line is trending our way if that makes you feel any better. Started at +4, now down to 2.5 or 3.

2 Likes

He makes tournament studio coverage watchable. That’a a tall task given how tough Kenny “only UNC matters” Smith makes it to watch.

1 Like

haha i actually enjoy the TNT guys during the NCAA Tourney. Not that they’re all that knowledgeable but it’s at least a fresh perspective I guess. i watch too much college basketball. After a while it’s like the commentators just repeat the same talking points over and over.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t be right to not remember Bryant Stith’s performance against ND on 1/26/91. He went to a different level that day. Tried to find the footage online but couldn’t locate it. It’s probably in The Smithsonian being kept under lock key as a National Treasure.

3 Likes

19 points in 2 minutes and change. One of my best basketball memories ever.

3 Likes

Thank goodness the game is on ACCN. I can’t even imagine the “Tom Brady is retiring” split screens and discussion I’d have to endure if it was on regular espn.

2 Likes

From the man himself

12 Likes

Legend

1 Like

Reece vs Wesley will be a very fun matchup. Best guard we’ve gone against all season. Can’t help but feel like Goodwin and Laszewski are gonna kill us from 3 though — can see this one going the way of the NC St game where ND’s shooters find some rhythm and they don’t even need their best player (Seabron/Wesley) to get going to pull away. This is definitely the game I’ve felt the worst about since Houston. Maybe I’ll reverse jinx us.

On the bright side… at least this should be a good matchup for Jayden. And ND isn’t very physical inside. I could see one of Kadin/Papi going off on the offensive glass/as roll men in PnR.

2 Likes

Thank you Mr. Stith. Best of the best!

2 Likes

Is it just me or was Bryant looking off number 11 a lot there?

3 Likes

I thought so

2 Likes

I watched it and 31 years later still can’t believe what he did. But the ultimate was JJ ripping his suit coat like Hulk Hogan.

3 Likes