UVA at Pittsburgh thread

Another late night tip on Wednesday. 9:00 pm on ACC Network.

Pitt is 7-10 overall, 2-4 in the ACC. NET ranking of 184.

The full season resume is horrible but they’ve played reasonably well for about the last month. They just knocked off Louisville at home, and have had several close losses in conference play. Obviously including the Jayden Gardner buzzer beater.

Sophomore John Hugley (15.4 PPG) is their workhorse in the middle. He had one of the worst games of his season last time out against UVA, going 2-11 with only three rebounds. Bouncy forward Mouhamadou Gueye (8.6 PPG), a transfer from Stony Brook, has been a major reason for their recent improvement. He’s scored in double figures in six of their last seven games, while averaging 2+ blocks and hitting 39% from three.

Sophomore point guard Femi Odukale (11.9 PPG) missed the meeting at JPJ. Texas Tech transfer guard Jamarius Burton (13.0 PPG) is their second leading scorer. Sophomore wing William Jeffries (4.8 PPG) has struggled lately. They replaced him in the starting lineup last time out with former walk-on guard Onyebuchi Ezeakudo (1.9 PPG),

The one thing Pitt does really well is get to the foul line. 23.5 attempts per game, 3rd in the nation. Hugley alone is averaging almost eight free throw attempts. It helps cover up an otherwise limited offensive team.

1 Like

I’m going back to my not watching technique that worked for the VT game. Let’s see if it works

7 Likes

The 9PM tip off sucks eggs

3 Likes

We need a Mouhamadou Gueye.

1 Like

The bettors love us -3.5

This of course means that we will lose

5 Likes

As a general rule UVA has been a bettors favorite for years now. That why the line is like it is

I have all my money on pitt money line

2 Likes

Oh great Benedict Bonner with the call

2 Likes

Bonner. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

This whole calling the game remotely thing is so lame. Cost cutting disguised as covid safety.

3 Likes

LOL, the muffed dunk. Keep at it though Papi.

1 Like

They called a foul on that??

Is the camera operator in some sort of windstorm?

Armaan doing what he does best: midrange.

Interesting reffing sequence there

My (non-existant) kingdom for a 5.

I’d advocate bringing Bonner back to coach the womens team to save us from his terrible announcing.

3 Likes

Good news is kadin has no fouls at the under 16

4 Likes

Please try to restrain your negativity tonight Norfolk. I’ve got it for you. I’m in that kind of mood.

This lineup is bollocks