UVA at VT thread (Sat 12pm)

Yeah - that matches the game film … Tech really needs a 2nd initiator … badly…

2 Likes

Win tomorrow and I have a hard time seeing us at worse than 16-4. We would need a steep drop off in play or a major injury to fall to 15-5 at that point. Seems Clemson and Pitt are the only other two teams with a reasonable path to 16-4. And Clemson’s path starts to look narrow if they lose to Miami

1 Like

We do at least still have to prove we can beat a healthy upper tier ACC team first right?
0-2 so far … 4 chances next 4 weeks. Do have 3 of the 4 at home though.

1 Like

I think we’ve already proven that given our OOC wins and that our two ACC losses are close road losses to top of the league teams. At least enough for me to be confident in these guys against 30-60 ranked teams (and the computer models seems to agree). Imo it’s proven enough that it’s the same thing as saying we have to actually play the games. None of the future games are full guarantees we’ll win (see Clemson @ BC)

1 Like

Gotta ask, but are you StLouHoo from 247? Would assume so but wanted to check. Either way, welcome!

1 Like

He was abysmal. He had modest scoring output but would’ve needed to triple those numbers to make up for the abomination that was, and is, his perimeter defense. Pedulla is arguably the worst perimeter defender I’ve seen all year in conference and whoever he was guarding constantly put him on skates to the point where Young had to gameplan around it if I recall

3 Likes

I think I get less nervous about the dance when we have a team that can score. It’s the #1 defense, #30 offense in the country teams that make me nervous for early round losses.

3 Likes

Did you watch the game? The kid was, and usually is, an absolute traffic cone on defense. Reece and Kihei should be able to easily touch the paint a lot again tomorrow.

1 Like

Yeah … I wonder if it’s because he never gets a break and is not allowed to take chances defending and potentially picking up fouls because they have no one else that can run offense?
No way to really know I guess … and Maddox shows up as a much worse defender in all the data points too … probably why they are 169th defensively

About right

2 Likes

Another Q1 opportunity tomorrow afternoon

1 Like

Hmmmm one point eh? Allright we need to stomp on some Turkey necks.

3 Likes

Same one going all the way back to The Sabre almost 20 years ago, and also from Hoos Place.

10 Likes

Just some friendly advice: I’m in charge here, so tread lightly. If I’m not around, you can consult with @BDragon and if he’s not around then defer to @MaineWahoo and if he’s not around and it’s an emergency then I guess you could go with @DFresh11. Also, ignore the Freds early and often.

Also, some of this was a joke, but you have to figure out which parts.

10 Likes

Was doing a little recollecting. Before the ACC expansion, was tech a once per year that was played alternatively in Roanoke, Richmond or at UHALL or Cassell?

I recall driving up from Greensboro to Roanoke on a cold winter evening. My reaction to the loss that night was ACC Tournament is coming. This is an aberration, but we go to “the real thing” and they go to something else.

Now, Tech is as big a game as Duke or Carolina - hard to understand.

3 Likes

Yes. I remember TECH being a late season one-off in the mid/late 90s.

2 Likes

Lol perfect…I’m not going to even stick my little toe into that pool of absurdity

Sounds like the truth to me

St Lou is the best

5 Likes

Line has swung to VT by 1.5

1 Like