UVA Early Favorites to Win 2021 NCAA Championship

I was just curious about everyone elses opinion on this. I was caught off guard when I saw several rating/betting agencies listing us as the favorites to win next year.

Link below for CBS Sports line odds to win with an explanation for each teams odds.

So what do you guys think? Obviously we were one of the teams who finished the season on a high. I believe we have the 3rd longest active winning streak after Kansas and Dayton. One thing I think Im missing is that I am underestimating how good Sam Hauser could potentially be for us. Shooting was our weakest link this season, and evidentially he is a deadly veteran shooter who may be the perfect player to fill this hole.

4 Likes

I really agree with this. Our team is great and the incoming players are great. I know very little about other teams and their incoming players but I think we are very very good

4 Likes

I understand they use some sort of metrics to do this, but there seems to be some voodoo witchcraft involved as well as I have no idea how they can predict this so early on.

4 Likes

I believe we are going to be very good. We will definitely have a lot of good depth. I’m inclined to believe we will be among the best but much like this year it may take some time to get adjusted to be an elite team. I’m very hopeful and looking forward to it.

3 Likes

I think it’s certainly possible. But I dont pay much attention at all to any of these waaaaay to early predictions, even if some metrics go into them. Look at where UNC was picked preseason, both nationally and ACC. (just as one example)

4 Likes

But when we do win, it’ll basically be a 3-peat, amirite? :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Im already excited for next year. Lots to look forward to. We really overcame our struggles this year and built some serious momentum! Im definitely feeling upbeat about our situation. Curious what our official ranking will be to start the season…I dont think there is any way they will start us out at #1.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s crazy. Haven’t taken a look at anyone else’s roster though. A lot depends on that

2 Likes

My guess is we will be #1or #2.

2 Likes

With all this recent momentum we have been building since our win against Florida State, Im hoping it gives us a big boost during this extended off season with recruits. Being announced as top contender to win the National championship next year has got to look like gold in the eyes of potential future recruits.

1 Like

I think we have great chance to win in 2021. But not liking these payoff odds so much. I can see placing a bet to win on Virginia EVENTUALLY. But I expect the betting odds to change and that UVA will become a longer shot to win and, if so, one would get higher odds for a larger payoff on a bet placed if you wait.

2 Likes

With the people coming in, I’m not sure about a Championship, but we’d be doing good

2 Likes