šŸ€ UVa Men's Basketball March 2024

Trust me, itā€™s possible. :rofl: My oldest is 10, so I should have said ā€œ10 and under.ā€ 10, 9, 7, 4, 2.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome!!! Mine are 16, 12, 11 and 7ā€¦. Lots of good times to look forward to

3 Likes

@DFresh11 is abusing his newly acquired powers at this point.

7 Likes

Brave brave man. Thatā€™s a lot of energy in the building

2 Likes

We got 5. Lets hoop! Awesome man. Kids are the best

4 Likes

27 posts were split to a new topic: Idle Chatter & Titles

Does Reece make 1st team All-ACC?

• Definitely
  • If UVA beats GT, yes
  • Definitely not
0 voters
1 Like

I voted ā€œdefinitely notā€, but he deserves to be first team for his play on both offense and defense.

4 Likes

I voted no just because I think the Carolina mafia will screw him over. I think heā€™s definitely deserving but itā€™s an automatic that at least 3 spots will go to unc/duke.

3 Likes

He should make it, but donā€™t think he will. If I had to guess itlā€™ll be:

RJ Davis
Hunter Sallis
Blake Hinson
PJ Hall
Armando Bacot

3 Likes

Or fillipowski. I think heā€™s 7th on voting :angry:

2 Likes

We got Hav as Definitely. It is happening!

2 Likes

Too easy for voters (subconsciously ?) to think DPOY is enough. Should be just the opposite.

1 Like

Bacot doesnā€™t deserve it ā€“ insert Filipowski; swap Hinson and Reece. At least, thatā€™s how he gets in. I actually havenā€™t seen anyone include Hinson; not saying he shouldnā€™t be there, but thatā€™s how Reece gets included, and he should.

1 Like

UVA may be in the 8 team NIL tournament next season

The tournament operator is guaranteeing that sponsors and other tournament partners will offer each school a total of $1 million in NIL money for participating. That money will be funneled to collectives, boosters, or other NIL entities, and the coaches and teams will be able to distribute that money however they see fit, as long as the money goes to current players. The winning team will be eligible to earn another $1 million, to be distributed in the same way.

According to sources with knowledge of the situation, tournament organizers are in discussions with Alabama, Duke, FAU, Houston, Kansas, Oregon, San Diego State, St. Johnā€™s, Syracuse, and Virginia to participate. Each team will also receive free travel, lodging, and meals during the event.

https://frontofficesports.com/new-mens-college-basketball-tournament-nil/

7 Likes

I support.

1 Like

If I counted correctly, only 7 conferences represented in those 11 teams. Would be strange to play a conference team in a non conference game, but Iā€™m 100% on board with this, and even just being linked to this at all has to be seen as a positive!

1 Like

With conference consolidation, we will probably see a fair amount of noncon games against conference foes, right?

1 Like

Highly confident we will find a way not to be involved

3 Likes

Yea that feels too straight forward and easy. This program doesnā€™t do either of those things well or often.

2 Likes