UVA vs Farleigh Dickinson Thread

At least today brought us the Egg Pod

1 Like

I’m not ready to go there but like c’mon man. Play your best players this is absurd

2 Likes

We were going to have to live through Tony’s worst ever coaching job at some point. It’s becoming clear this is that season.

3 Likes

I honestly don’t think Kody would’ve stood out in the intramural games I used to play at UVa.

2 Likes

this is embarrassing. What is CTB trying to prove?

1 Like

Looks like another game that’ll be way closer than it should be and we’re stuck watching out starters get 30 minutes each instead of seeing Taine and Igor. Hate watching this team

3 Likes

When did we go from running some of the most modern, flexible lineups in the NCAA to a 1980s twin towers team.

2 Likes

Yeah. Tony should still be a lifer here at UVA/Give him the life time contract.

But even with the poor roster (which again is on the coaching staff with 3 open spots), they aren’t doing a good job with rotations, lineups, or helping the younger guys play through adversity and develop. Of course us fans have extremely limited knowledge and dont see the day to day. But it’s not what we are used to.

Letting Taine play through his defensive struggles vs Iowa let him have the game he had.

3 Likes

The 2019-2020 season broke CTB

1 Like

These lineups are great. Watching all you guys melt down over them every game is the only joy in my uva fan-life this season.

5 Likes

Ty, Dre and Kyle may have been the best assistant coaches on that 2018-2019 run. Tony needs to surround himself with more people that will tell him no.

2 Likes

I’m going to enjoy watching Murray at Stanford next year

5 Likes

Ritchie Mckay… Tugard brought this up many of teams. CTB is not good at subs.

1 Like

I think Ritchie was gone after 2015 right?

4 Likes

Grasping for explanations: something about first half PT to guys who do some defensive drill correctly?

Tony trusts Taine to guard lottery picks but not guys who wouldn’t even stand out in a Hackensack pick up game?

3 Likes

well thats probably when it started to go down hill. And tbh, last year was really bad and the year before. CTB had easier rosters to manage from 2016-2019

Holy shit Kihei

3 Likes

Turned out to be a good decision to face guard Reece on the break. :joy:

1 Like

Dont think it was Ritchie McKay. We have the same assistants we won the natty with (sans Kirk Penny).

I think it’s Tony’s loyalty to veteran players and his high character that can sometimes be a double edged sword, like with Bronco Mendenhall and not wanting to fire Nick Howell. Also like how we kept giving players like Grant and Devonte Cross heavy minutes even though we have talented young secondary players that could have used the experience and probably couldnt have done worse.

2 Likes

If Kihei stays for a 5th year, and Reece leaves, I’ll be sad.

1 Like