UVA vs Iowa game thread

About 1300 tickets available on StubHub. Majority under $10 it appears.

I don’t have a sense as to what is normal but seems like a really low ticket average for a ACC-Big10 challenge game at JPJ. Tip-off time is good for the Out-of-Towners as well.

2 Likes

Really hope it doesn’t devolve into politics (and it shouldnt/please keep talking about the game), but UVA is in a weird spot where half the people who would come to the games aren’t vaccinated or are super opposed to the facemask rule and the other half are super cautious about covid and are avoiding crowded spaces even while vaccinated.

Uppers/nosebleeds in sports in general are suffering from lack of fans because people got accustomed to better seats at home watching from a better view on TV.

Will be interesting to see who guards who tonight. Can Jayden defend well in small ball sets and closing out? Maybe he can get Murray in foul trouble?

3 Likes

Home court advantage mainly comes down to how many students pack in there not the wine and cheese crowd that sits on the other side of court.

4 Likes

I was in Charlottesville a couple of weeks ago, and went to the football game against Notre Dame, but skipped the basketball game against Radford – precisely because I was more comfortable in an outdoor environment than an indoor one. I’m not saying I’m typical, and in retrospect I think I may have made the wrong decision, but I suspect that there’s still some COVID caution affecting attendance numbers.

3 Likes

I think our fanbase is just pretty fair-weather

1 Like

I’m coming up for a game sometime this season when my schedule lines up, maybe 2. What exactly are the requirements for attending games at JPJ?
On Daron Holmes Tony went to see him in a tournament at Myrtle Beach. I was very high on him but my understanding was Tony did think he was a little soft on defense. He got pushed around in that game and basically that was it. I watched the game on a sorry stream and basically he made some good plays and some bad plays. I do remember the end of the game when Daron made a heads up play and blocked a layup that would have sent the game to OT.
Anyway: JPJ requirements?

1 Like

https://virginiasports.com/jpj-health-and-safety-protocols/

Tl:Dr - Proof of vaccination or a negative test within 7 days of the game. Wear masks indoors unless eating or drinking.

1 Like

Thanks , Do they actually enforce the mask rules? Nobody gets more excited than me during a UVA game and I’ve been known to jump up and let a mouthful out from time to time

1 Like

pro move. Always be drinking

2 Likes

I’m definitely a pro at that. Very experienced player

Yeah, student turnout for Coppin State was great and they went nuts. For Lehigh, student attendance was sparse (probably due to holiday), but the tickets were oddly harder to get and more expensive.

Big tub of popcorn that lasts all game

1 Like

Big pre game news yall. Our guy @BDragon and wife welcomed their Baby Dragon 2 into the world last night. Early scouting report is Tim Duncon prototype who wants our football coachs head.

Congrats to the expanding family as he has a big sister as well

26 Likes

Congratulations @BDragon and family!!

3 Likes

Ayyyyy congrats boss man

3 Likes

Congrats big papa @BDragon !!

3 Likes

Appreciate it y’all. Malcolm will be watching closely tonight scouting and getting ready.

19 Likes

Congrats! That’s awesome.

2 Likes

Outstanding! Congratulations!

2 Likes

Early reports indicate @BDragon has opted to replace the standard nursery music with a loop of Kyle Guy rainmakers to ensure a future scholarship

7 Likes