UVA vs JMU Thread

Hoos only 4,5 favs. Eeeek

2 Likes

Sorta wild we’ve gone from easily our peak calendar year (2019) to such a trough so quickly. As long as CTB is around I’m not worried about basketball long term but god this has not been a fun year for Hoo sports. Specifically fall

4 Likes

I did notice they only shot 3s 27%…kinda like Pitt. Offense in the 200s but that’s inflated w two blowouts over D2 teams. That said, it’s their super bowl and we’re likely to sleep walk the first 10mins

2 Likes

UVA debuts at #70 in the NET (the NCAA’s ranking metric)

https://stats.ncaa.org/selection_rankings/nitty_gritties/22483

Playing on the road is tough and JMU isn’t terrible.

Essentially a toss-up according to ESPN.

1 Like

They lost their star player from last year’s CAA regular season champs, but return the other four starters and added a couple nice transfers. They play small all the time. Tallest listed player is 6’8 Julien Wooden (Northside/Roanoke), who’s really more of a guard. They’re very aggressive on D, force a lot of turnovers. And they rotate players a lot, will probably go 10 deep with them all getting good run.

It’s a very good mid-major team. Great young coach in Byington.

5 Likes

Which makes the whole CAA tournament ban bs suck even more. They would’ve had a real chance to win it and make their first NCAAT in almost a decade.

3 Likes

So we’re gonna get pressed in a charged up environment. Got it.

Dear Reece, be aggressive.

2 Likes

Uh…no, that says we are going to lose.

3 Likes

Because this UVA squad is so up and down (by up I mainly mean the Providence performance), I’m calling us winning by double digits. It makes no sense, so I’m rolling with it.

9 Likes

Did you check espn+, their positive site?

6 Likes

Hahaha good one

1 Like

KenPom thinks UVA is -5. If I was a betting man (which I’m not, especially boy against UVA, though I did talk my dad into betting on ND), I’d take JMU and the points.

1 Like

I think I’d rather this team play a pressing defense instead of one sitting in a zone all night.

3 Likes

We are gonna drill JMU. Will look bad early then after 10 minutes we drill em

8 Likes

Just need to survive the inevitable JMU 3-pointer barrage we all know is coming the first 10 minutes.

5 Likes

Hutch is that your actual foto? If so you are an handsome mufkr

1 Like

LOL, boy you know how to make a boy blush. Yes, that’s me.

2 Likes

Fresh ain’t getting much these days if Hutch be a good looking Mofo. Long Prison sentences are tough, but I always look at the positive - three hot meals a day and all the sex you can stand.

4 Likes