UVA vs Navy basketball game thread

Three points and five turnovers in almost 9 minutes. Mamadi should probably sit a bit.

Shouldn’t be surprised we didn’t keep a good lead against a decent, happens ever time

Did Kody die at halftine?

Huge spark from Braxton…again. I really think he’s the guy that needs to be the leader.

2 Likes

2 fast break buckets. When is the last time we have seen that ? Great job by the players

1 Like

Kody is one rebound and a pair of missed FTs from a Titus.

1 Like

3 fast breaks have spurred this comeback. When the offense can’t score off of sets then you have to look for other ways to score.

2 Likes

3 transition buckets in a row (Clark FT-line jumper, Key and-1, Key oop), maybe worth keeping this a little bit more of a focus? I might be imagining things, but it looks like Clark has hurried the ball up the floor a little more often than typical off Navy misses.

Edit: Ha, we all had the same idea!

4 Likes

haha was thinking the same thing!

3 is more than 2. ha. yes. nothing wrong with pushing it when the time is right

1 Like

fast breaks are clearly our new thing

3 Likes

and 30 foot lobs

1 Like

Wouldn’t want to try making a living off fast breaks.

But it is fun o watch tonight.

I like aggressive Jay.

3 Likes

Felt so good for Morsell to see him hit that last 3 while the anchors were talking about him.

4 Likes

I can see these things. Casey is gonna be great in 2020. Loved his shot today make or miss. Or make

5 Likes

Yea I noticed early on that Kehei was pushing the ball up the court. It was a pleasant surprise. Probably looking to find a early mismatch

2 Likes

Bennett’s post game

Players

2 Likes

Bennett confirmed that they were trying to get into the offense quicker in his press conference, nice to see that this is a point of emphasis now.

This was an encouraging offensive performance, though it would be nice to see it paired with a more solid defensive performance. If they can get enough offense out of that closing Clark-Morsell-Key-Diakite-Huff lineup, that might be the way to go in crunch time from now on. Woldetensae had a nice offensive performance today, but he’s not nearly as resilient against dribble penetration as Morsell is, it was an issue especially in the first half against Navy.

4 Likes