UVA vs Navy basketball game thread

UVA basketball will play Navy at 4:00 P.M. EST. Come here to talk about the game.

Here is the opponent preview from Zach Carey: UVA Opponent Preview: Navy - Locker Room Access

7 Likes

Sounds like an interesting match up since their game play looks like a mirror image of us, just a lot smaller.

2 Likes

Looks to me like the cast/wrap on Braxton Key’s left wrist isn’t as thick today. Curious to see how much he’s able to play today.

— Brad Franklin (@Cavs_Corner) December 29, 2019
2 Likes

Starting small with Braxton back in there. Clark Kody Tomas Key Mamadi

1 Like

Any word on whether McKoy will play?

New hair do for Tomas

5 Likes

BRAXTON

1 Like

Today I learned a man could fly

5 Likes

Not enough respect by commentators for jack salts contributions to last year’s team. Always talking about the big three and how much we lost - but jack was the grease that made the machine work.

4 Likes

Looks likw Clarke is finding his groove love the ball movement

2 Likes

Hard to find him on the court.

Yeah that was a great half from Clark. 6 assists and just one turnover. Only turnover for the whole team!!

Navy is getting good looks though. Several 2nd chances, few turnovers. Just entirely too comfortable. Expect we’ll see a different level of defensive intensity in the 2nd half.

4 Likes

Defense was good at times but still gave up some easy ones. Offense looks more comfortable just had a few go in and out.

1 Like

Love the new cornrows for Tomas! I honestly think its giving him more confidence! haha His only miss was half way down the hoop and out…he was almost the leading scorer for the half. Looks like he was the correct starter for todays game.

2 Likes

I think they played small (or our version of it) for the entire half until the last few minutes when Huff and Mamadi were together. Key or McKoy at the 4 the rest of the time. No Caffaro.

1 Like

Casey is shooting the ball much better. His form is fluid and natural which is great sign.

3 Likes

No bricks or air balls is always good.

1 Like

Mamadi may need to sit a while. Hope that 3 helps.

1 Like

Mamadi needs a 1 dribble limit. Rare that anything good happens past that.

3 Likes

Am surprised that our D is not as dominant as usual. Maybe we have been spoiled in the past

1 Like