UVA vs Providence game thread

Hey HGN, while we wait, weren’t we in the pole position at one point for Johnny Davis? He’d look pretty nice as our 3 right.now.

1 Like

They looked at Davis a lot the July before his junior year when 2020 recruiting was starting. If I remember right one of the Wisconsin people threw a UVA prediction up just based on them coming around. They passed on him though, was all there was to it. Recruited Keon Johnson and Johnny Juzang a little instead. It wouldn’t have mattered. Wisconsin took his twin brother too, was considered a mid major recruit. That’s what it would have taken.

3 Likes

Tony was clearly up all night reading the LRA game thread

6 Likes

If Grant is there, we’re in good shape!

I’m going to go Fresh Jr and predict a 2 point win, 62-60.

They outrebound us, but they turn it over more as well. They shoot better from 2, but we even it out with more FTs. The difference is we have a decent 3pt shooting night, maybe 35%, while Providence disappoints slightly as our perimeter D had a good game (say, 6/21 from 3 for Providence).

1 Like

ESPN pls thats not our logo

3 Likes

Nike proly told em otherwise. yuck

3 Likes

Ree

1 Like

Reece nails 2 3s and we win by 5. Mark it down

3 Likes

I’m nervous

1 Like

Man, my blood pressure got really high last night. I had to take a break

1 Like

Better for one’s sanity if you just expect a loss tonight. If we keep it close or even win then boom exceeds expectations.

3 Likes

I was thinking Reece with the buzzer beater!

1 Like

It’s not when Bronco wears it on his hat either. Even less so when said hat is Clemson orange.

Puke.

1 Like

Could be, might be that 2nd 3

Going to just start out by saying I’m not having fun. Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

1 Like

I thought I was ok with the color guy on the broadcast, but after 3/4s of the Georgia-NW game, he started driving me insane. It was like a slow build up. It was when he said “We all like highlights now - I guess sportscenter did that to us all” that I just turned it off. I normally watch our games on mute, but now I’m definitely going to do.

1 Like

The players don’t believe they can win. Can see it on their faces.

Defense so much more sound than last year same time

PROBABLY a foul? He was leaning an Gardner at a 45 degree angle

1 Like

Wow, Houston almost came all the way back. Wisconsin wins by 2.