UVA vs San Fran Thread: A Dangerous Offense

Anyone else’s game cut out? All I see is brick wall

2 Likes

I know he missed but Shedrick’s jumper has changed, looks way better than his slow starting from the hip shot in high school.

4 Likes

A Shedrick three is the best shot we can get on that possession? Come on. (Edit: Come on directed at the universe in general, not HGN!)

3 Likes

Hoos should be running way more ball screen O. Especially with Huff and Hauser as a screener/pop guy. Seems like the 5 out is ok but leading to bad stretches bc we don’t have very many guys who can take it to the rack. Hauser and Huff should be leading the team in shot attempts

6 Likes

We’re as cold as we were hot against Towson

6 Likes

Good take and analysis here.

1 Like

Trey b pressin’

1 Like

UVA 1 for last 16 felt like it was understating how badly we were shooting. We must have missed 7 layups in a row.

3 Likes

Nope i didn’t.

Current UVA offense…

8 Likes

I’m really liking this Huff/Hauser/Murphy/Beekman/Clark lineup.

4 Likes

Well played

3 Likes

Bad half for Kihei

2 Likes

Maybe we need to run some pick and pop.

1 Like

You have to hand it to Clark: Remains undeterred by the first ten layups he missed/got blocked.

A study in perseverance.

4 Likes

Very bad. I like Reece though. He’s cool

2 Likes

Interesting game. Hoos getting some good looks I’m pretty happy about that. Disappat rhe ability to finish at the rim in traffic, a key in Today’s game at all 5 spots.

Team feels far more athletic than last yrs which is good

5 Likes

I still struggle to understand how a team as well coached and talented as our goes through the woeful offensive stretches we do. Maybe that’s just college basketball in general, but it still surprises me. I guess it’s because we don’t have many guys who can really attack the rim and draw free throws and we don’t seek out transition opportunities as often, so things that might normally break up a drought happen less often for us. But man is it frustrating.

4 Likes

I don’t like Morsell’s low percentage two-pointer, but I love his defense

6 Likes

Everyone’s pressing on offense; Hauser had some bad decisions driving too. It’s to be expected this early in the season with a new offense, and especially when everything came easy last game. San Fran isn’t overhelping, as was mentioned earlier in the thread. Interested to see how they work through it and what tweaks they make in the second half.

1 Like