UVA vs Stony Brook discussion board

UVA will be playing Stony Brook today, come here to talk about the game

2 Likes

Do we see a Braxton sighting on the court or do they hold him out a bit longer? I could see the argument for both cases.

1 Like

My guess only if he is very close to 100 percent. Will want him easing back into game shape etc sooner than later…

3 Likes

Makes sense. That’s why I thought maybe some spot mins tonight would be a good chance to get a run in a presumably low risk environment. But agree he needs to be closer to 100% than not.

4 Likes

Braxton has been practicing. I expect he’ll play tonight.

3 Likes

The chatter on grounds is that he is expected to play.

1 Like

I think he’ll play unless something goes horribly wrong

1 Like

Stony Brook is 7-5, on a two-game losing streak.

They attempt 26 three pointers per game, and make about 36% of them. You can bet they’ve got the green light to launch them today.

They haven’t won a game when they’ve scored fewer than 64 points. They aren’t scoring 64 points today.

3 Likes

This game is gonna be closer than you think

3 Likes

Teams that are prone to jack up 3’s always worry me. Especially with the current Hoo’s offense. It doesn’t take more for a team to get hot and make it a game.

As far as what I want to see tonight - I want to see the ball move. This could be a great time to work on the continuity ball screen offense maybe get the guards coming down hill on attack more. I want to see Tomas play with the level of effort he put out against UNC. Love to see Justin and Papi pick up where they left off. This is the type of game that Huff could have a massive impact on. It would be great if tonight is the night he finds his inner dog and just gets after it.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Key warming up per David Teel

2 Likes

Some changes to the startling lineup. Clark Morsell Kody Mamadi Caffaro

1 Like

Like Papi in the starting lineup. Love the quick start

1 Like

Caffaro starting is interesting. Reward for a good UNC performance?

All Blocker-Mover so far, and as the broadcast noted, all curls off the downscreen, which opens up the “boomerang” pass to the guy coming off the flare screen. Good looks so far, but perhaps made to look a little better by changes in opponent strength.

3 Likes

Ooh, that was a new offensive look on the first UVA possession after the timeout. Looked like the duck-in continuity ball screen offense that Gonzaga has been running this year.

2 Likes

This is the set that I’m referring to, would need to watch that possession again to be sure: https://twitter.com/halfcourthoops/status/1205574729534517248?s=21

1 Like

Looks like Huff got the message. Motor cranked up.

1 Like

Where’s McKoy?

4 Likes

wondering the same thing?

2 Likes