UVA vs Va Tech thread

That Bacot game the other day has me shook. Expecting Aluma to play like Olajuwon tonight.

Yeah, Bacot with 29 pts/22 rebs to Shedrick/Caffaroā€™s combined 2 pts/ 2 rebs has to be the worst post performance of the Bennett era. Iā€™m going to be nervous about playing any half decent big.

3 Likes

You could probably put together a list of types of frontcourt types that have given us issues:
ā€“ stretch 4s, like Manek, or that 4 from Clemson in game 1
ā€“ athletic, strong, aggressive frontcourts like Houston, that can overwhelm ours (probably Bacot is in this category, too)
ā€“ mobile, high-scoring 4s like Keegan Murray

But Aluma/Mutts are not in those categories. Aluma is a mobile, sort of stretch 5. Iā€™m optimistic Shed can limit him. Iā€™m most pessimistic that heā€™ll get Shed in foul trouble and then heā€™ll get to work on Papi. Tbh, I remember less about Muttsā€™s game, but I donā€™t think he fits into any of the buckets above.

If you want to be pessimistic about this one, just be generally pessimistic. We are not that good and our annoying in-state rival might beat us, and that stinks. But donā€™t be shook because Bacot and Manek beat us.

2 Likes

For me - Mutts is physical like Bacot and Aluma plays more like a mobile 4. I wonder of Gardner starts on Aluma because he could at least stay in front oh him a bit - size mismatch either way for Gardner.

1 Like

I alluded to it in the blog but they run a lot of inverted offense, especially through Mutts. Theyā€™ll get him faced up off the mid post or top of the key, allows them to spread the floor and run various cutting and screen actions. Heā€™s actually 2nd on their team in assists, and commits the most turnovers.

4 Likes

Every year it seems (last year being an exception), is we blow them out one game and then one game is close and goes either way. I hope we blow them out.

Hmm. A 9:00 game on one of the espns. At what point in the 1H will coverage start? I say 14:56

1 Like

Kihei missed basically every 3 he took in warmups. Hopefully means nothing

I must have missed it but the pre-game is on Twitter Spaces tonight as opposed to Facebook. Wanted to share with anyone else who also may have missed that.

1 Like

Twitter Discussion

1 Like

Yeah yall might want to locate ESPN News if you got it. The last 4 minutes of this LSU/Florida game could take a while.

2 Likes

Voiceover guy said to remain silent after the national anthem until the flags have left the floor. Tech fans proceeded to break out the synchronized ā€œletā€™s go Hokiesā€ chant right after song finishedā€¦

1 Like

Shed with the foul 16 seconds in :man_facepalming:t2:

16 seconds for Kadin - record

1 Like

Kadin will be sitting by the under 16. Gonna be a lot of Caffaro

3 Likes

Iā€™d bench Franklin if he ever shoots outside of 15ā€™

1 Like

Didnā€™t even make it to the under 16

Confirmed

3 Likes

Didnā€™t even make it to 6 points. Good grief.

1 Like

Yeah kind of malpractice if we canā€™t bring in another 5 next year. Iā€™m just not sold that Shedrick is the long term answer

1 Like