UVA vs W&M Thread

A couple of spread ball screen actions there for Reece create wide-open looks at three for Trey and Sam.

1 Like

Lot of poor shooting. Zags will run us out of the gym if we play like this.

1 Like

8 offesive rebounds given up

9 Likes

I’m just saying, when Reece penetrates, good things happen

1 Like

Love some good penetration

5 Likes

There doesn’t seem to be the same numbers-to-the-ball approach that we normally see on the defensive glass. Usually there’s like minimum 4 UVA jerseys around the ball.

2 Likes

The defensive rebounding is interesting. I feel like on multiple possessions one of our guys has knocked it out of another of our guy’s hands. Feels like everyone is just attacking the board instead of boxing out, but that could be totally wrong.

2 Likes

More Kadin. Less Jay.

1 Like

The rebounding bothers me.

1 Like

Solid first half given the hiatus. 3 point shooting is a concern but I like the aggresiveness. Rebounding has also struggled but thats also due to good defense = 30 footer chucks which have weird angles on the rebounds.

1 Like

One thing to keep in mind is that we don’t know who on the team or staff had COVID. Not saying that is why certain players may be not playing, but even if you’re ‘better’, it can still really kill your stamina for a while after having it (based on some reported experiences). Just throwing that out there.

2 Likes

It’s very concerning

2 Likes

We look like a very mediocre team blowing out an extremely bad team.

3 Likes

We’re still a half second slow on offense. At any given time one of Jay Sam or Trey has a mismatch we should be able to take advantage of. It’s concerning we don’t find those more and more concerning those guys don’t aggressively attack them. Jays lack of of aggressiveness and decision making against 6’8 CAA dudes is maddening

4 Likes

The defense appears to be going to hell in the second half. Again.

1 Like

There’s still miscommunication on the hedging. Seen all 3 bigs bump into another player. Luckily W&M isn’t good enough to capitalize on it.

2 Likes

This is a disaster. How do we look worse over the course of the game

No intensity

1 Like

The body language is noticeably bad.

3 Likes