🏀 UVA vs Wake Forest, Sat 17 Feb, Noon, ESPN2

I apologize for obviously missing something. Who in the hell is Sahara?

3 Likes

Rhode i guess.

1 Like

Still shocked and befuddled that “The Florist” nickname never took off with Jay Huff. That dude made a lot of “special deliveries “ but it never took off nationally. Kind of like “The Mailman” for Karl Malone, just not as powerful. Huff was excellent for us and there is a reason he has played in the NBA and the G-League on a two way for several years. “The Florist” could hoop!

3 Likes

Weren’t you scolding others last year for the Traudt = Fish nickname and jokes? Seems like a bit of a 180…

I think you may have me confused for somebody else.

Fair point. He’s surprisingly not fit. He’s going to have to solve for that this off-season.

Free country and whatnot, but giving a guy a nickname based on being sweaty and looking tired comes off to me as trying to make fun of him in a mean-spirited way. But I’m a little sensitive to that kind of stuff, so whatever. I like it better when the bad nicknames are more corny than anything else, like Tony anointing Jake with the nickname “Grooving” Groves.

5 Likes

The problem with this nickname is that it’s longer than Rohde.

It’s longer to type, it has more syllables. It neither rolls of the tongue nor is it easier to type.

Sahara is fetch. And we know how that turned out, Gretchen.

8g2v60

7 Likes
  • UVA Wins
  • Wake Forest wins
0 voters

Current feelings update: Will UVA make the NCAA Tournament

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

Wait? Is this a real thing? We might have to take away Tony’s nicknaming privileges

4 Likes

6:20ish here:

1 Like

Gonna break my heart if it turns out Buzz is better nick-namer than Tony

Buzz is a tryhard who knows he’s on camera. Tony is making corny dad-jokes, there’s something more genuine in that.

7 Likes

Can someone ask Tony in advance if he plans on hard hedging tomorrow?

UVA lax playing UofR here in Richmond at the same time and his response would greatly impact my decision.

3 Likes

X is not in green

5 Likes

13 Likes

@DFresh11 you going to Chance Mallorys game tonight?

2 Likes

Any practice reactions @DFresh11?

Next week I am

1 Like

That was from friend of mine. All he said was “woah is X good”…

6 Likes