🏀 UVA vs Wake Forest, Sat 17 Feb, Noon, ESPN2

6 Likes

16 Likes

Statistically (conference-only), this is a matchup of the #1 (Hoos) vs. #3 three-point % shooting teams. Conversely, the matchup is #3 vs. #7 (Hoos) in opponent 3-point %.

Hoping iMac and Jake shake off the tired legs and underwhelming shooting from Tuesday night and are lighting those nets at JPJ on fire Saturday.

2 Likes

Power Wow GIF by Kärcher

Death to the hard hedge

8 Likes

Don’t feel great about this one. Unrelated, but I’m bummed to miss this game

2 Likes

This one may come down to coaching … Coach Bennett has so much more big game experience. I give a big advantage to the Hoos in that aspect.

2 Likes

Predicting a big game from Sahara on Saturday. He is looking more confident and playing a bit more freely lately. We need a signature “Rodhe Game” in one of these next 4 games and I think it will happen at home. Let’s go AR!

2 Likes

I am looking for the Hoos to give me a nice birthday present; if not, it will be a miserable day and we can’t have that!

10 Likes

So, I am guessing Reece on “Boopie” or whatever; IMac on Sallis; AR on Hildreth; and Dunn on Carr. Is that correct?

I think it might be a long day with IMac on Sallis, though it probably will be regardless of who tries to guard him.

1 Like

Monsanto. Chucker. A little slow driving wise. Puppy guard him. Guard Efton Reid iso. Abandon help principles. Maybe ONE hedge here or there on salis.

1 Like

Sahara on Sallis … advantage Hoos because Sahara is considered a very solid defender.
Groves on Carr and Minor on Reid?

Groves/Dunn on Carr? IMac on Hildreth then?

Please oh please don’t let it rain 3s on us again. I don’t remember from the game there, but I am guessing with their FT attempts they drive most of the time.

Just watched the condensed game, and I could probably ramble aimlessly, but our defense was awful in that game. It seemed like all of their guys kind of had their way, though Minor did well on Reid.

Obviously our offense has to show up, but if we play the elite defense we are capable of (which wasn’t the case in the last three games) then it should be a much different game. Depressing just to go back and watch that. Also, Bond played a fair amount in that game, but I have a feeling that won’t be the case in this game since he and Eli are hopelessly buried on the bench.

I am hoping they are mad about the Pitt game and super motivated. Love to see the effort they had against Mia.

3 Likes

Animated GIF

4 Likes

I see exactly what Dave is doing. He learned from Traudt that if a player has an embarrassingly awful nickname then he’ll transfer. He’s pushing hard for Rohde’s nickname to stick. Kind of genius to be honest.

2 Likes

Sahara = Rohde? Why?

1 Like

Reece should dominate Miller… as he held Carrington to 9 points 6 assists and 8 rebounds.
Miller isn’t as big.
Probably should be aggressive from opening tip. And have his team follow his lead.
Or maybe you put Reece on Sallis? Rohde on the Brit and IMac on Boopie.
Or maybe you start Dunn at 3 and have him shut down Sallis?
Wakes 2 wings are grabbing 9 boards between them.
Will Dante outplay Friedrichsen off the bench? Yes! Could Eli do so? Yes!

Seems in every picture it looks like he just crossed the Sahara.

4 Likes

It’s exhausting putting the team on his back every game!

2 Likes