šŸ€ Virginia at Clemson, Sat, Feb 3, 1400, ESPN

Agreed
Have a good feeling about this one

1 Like

I second that thought. He is a monster on both boards. It canā€™t be Rohde or Imac on him, so probably Dunn who will have to play it smart not to get in foul trouble. I will be surprised if he can keep him off the boards, but his length may make it hard for Schieflin to do much with it.

1 Like

I think the most logical answer is to put super glue on Blakeā€™s handsā€¦ it would solve him thinking he is playing volleyball.

Iā€™m not confident about this game at all but still optimistic for the rest of the season. Clemson had a couple fluke losses to GT and Duke otherwise theyā€™d be solidly top 20. I think they are the 2nd best team weā€™ve played this season and desperate to get their season back on track at home. I expect them to play very well and that weā€™ll fall short but can still carry a lot of momentum forward as long as we are competitive

2 Likes

He is much more rugged than Dunn. He can easily clear him out. Would be a perfect cover for Papi ā€¦ I would put Minor on him and let Dunn battle with PJ.

2 Likes

It will be tough to win but Clemson is 5-6 since mid December and all of their good wins came early in the year. Following the typical Brownell team trend of starting strong and then struggling.

1 Like

Second best team? Florida, Wisconsin, Memphis (at the time), and maybe Wake in their gym. Definitely not second-best team.

Heard Blake will likely miss with the flu.

2 Likes

Ouch. That is going to be a problem given their size.

2 Likes

That stinks. Plus heā€™s around other guys, soā€¦

1 Like

Interesting thing about this game: Clemson during most of the Brownell era has been store brand Virginia. And when we play, we almost always win, because we are brand name Virginia.

But neither team is really quite like its recent selves. They are good on offense and not that good defensively (befitting Joe Girard, I guess?). We are not that experienced. This might be a game where we have to score a bit. Maybe turn them over?

Clearly time to burn A-Robā€™s shirt.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Someone needs to have blake taking a shot of orange juice every hour on the hour. Not a doctor but that makes sense, right? Orange juice curing the flu?

1 Like

Do we know this for sure? Just curious. What is the source?

1 Like

Danny Neckel on X: ā€œAccording to Barttorvik TournamentCast: UVA currently: First team left out of NCAAT 29% chance to make NCAAT Beat Clemson: #11 Seed 61% chance Lose to Clemson: Second team left out 22% chanceā€ / X (twitter.com)>

6 Likes

Winning tomorrow would be huge for sureā€¦but the main thing is not to go winless in the quick Sat/Mon turnaround. Most likely will need 6 more wins with another Q1. Possibly only 5 if it includes Duke/UNC. Big opportunity tomorrow but there will be others.

16 Likes

I feel like this is the scenario:

Assuming we have a double bye in the ACCT, win our first game, and lose in the semifinalā€¦. (This just makes things easier to judge and seems most likely)

Anything less than 6-4 down the stretch- NIT
6-4 w/o wins over Duke and UNC- Probably in but not a lock
6-4 with win over Duke or UNC- Definitely in
7-3 w/o wins over Duke and UNC- Definitely in

Probably a little unfair to assume we have a double bye but Iā€™d think 14-6, 13-7 at least slides us into the 4 seed in the ACC.

Im far from an expert on this stuffā€¦ this feel right to people?

8 Likes

Yes, I think it is spot on. I do think there is a path to getting in at 5-5, but that would require wins @Duke + Carolina. Would probably need a ACC Final run too to be safe.

If we go 6-4 down the stretch with a win over Clemson/Duke/Carolina I think we play in the play-in rounds at minimum.

1 Like

Bubble, but still a shot. Probably need a win v Duke or UNC, and maybe both

I assume you meant to swap this? If so, I agree. But I think 13-7 with a win over Duke or UNC is like 90-95% or so in

2 Likes