Virginia at Houston game thread

Our defense sucks and that is a far bigger issue for me.

The 2 point guard shit barely worked last year when there were three 40 plus % shooters around them so it sure as hell isnā€™t going to this year

The defense will come along. Iā€™m not worried about that. We always get better over the season and weā€™ve got a lot of new guys. The offense is justā€¦ bad. And we donā€™t have a great track record of dramatically improving offensively as the season goes on.

J Willy talked about needing to survive the first media timeout. Ehhhh

3 Likes

I know itā€™s a dead horse but playing Kihei and Reece together just completely negates their strengths. Theyā€™re both useless offensively right now

4 Likes

How are you down 10 after the first media timeout and the only change is putting in Caffaro?

1 Like

Three points in five minutes - just Virginia basketball things

Tony has put together the worst P5 offense for 2 of the past 3 years

3 Likes

On pace to score 24 points this game.

Hahaha and he takes out Franklin to put in Carson: anything to keep the Reece / Kihei pairing

6 Likes

What on earth is the point of having Kihei and Reece running around the half court in circles and around screens when neither of them will shoot it flying off the screen and they just start dribbling again at the three point line? Iā€™m honestly wondering - what is the planned outcome there if everything went according to plan?

Edit: Thank you Kihei

Subout Armaan for Carson. Still riding the 2 PG system, I love it,

Can we have a rule where thereā€™s no complaining if Carson is on the floor at all? So much complaining when heā€™s not.

2 Likes

Reece ainā€™t great on offense either

2 Likes

Reece is a joke offensively

1 Like

Should get extra pt when itā€™s goaltend and goes in

3 Likes

How many missed travels stripes? Kid just changed his pivot foot 4 times

2 Likes

me espn feed keeps switching between fast forward when Houston has the ball and the .5 speed when we do.

Weird.

6 Likes

Kihei getting shredded in here but at least heā€™s giving us something offensively. Reece (my boy) has been terrible minus that last play

2 Likes

Reeceā€™s active hands have tipped a few passes. But his distribution on the offensive end and that three-point attempt have been rough.

1 Like