šŸ€ Virginia at Wake Forest, Sat, 13 Jan, 1400, ESPN2

That performance after a whole week of practice and a full week to game planā€¦ sighā€¦

8 Likes

Is Ryan Odom proven enough?

1 Like

Iā€™d like to see our shot chart from this game. It was long 2ā€™s all day long

He was someone I typed out but then deleted. Meh first year at VCU. But it is his first season. UMBC, UTah state solid runs.

Would be hilarious and story book like if Ryan Odom was Tonyā€™s successor.

1 Like

I think all of our guys need to realize they havenā€™t earned a thing and start playing hard! We get beat to loose balls the whole game. Wake had 3 guys going after them while we had 1. Gonna have get a little more blue collar if we want to start competing with average teams.

4 Likes

I thin k he could be a PG. Didnā€™t get his shot in HS with Tahaad, and now heā€™s way too raw

Heā€™s got some decent skills there, just lacks the judgment / refinement.

Anyone see that Monty Williams thing and playing IVey at PG? Basically - he was like, oh, never thought of thatā€¦

Anyway, the initial take I referenced:

5 Likes

@USSoccer13 I saw you typing. Let it out good or bad. (unless itā€™s Kim English slander which I wont allow LOL)

Im thankful for more rational posts like this to help break up my uber doom and gloom burn everything down posts.

3 Likes

Started immediately after the horn went off. Iā€™m just so pissed. Literally only positive thing I can take away is Minor. Heā€™s active and rebounds. Needs to quit getting caught too far under the basket but heā€™s gonna be ok. Dunnā€¦.man I should keep my thoughts to myself lol and all those damn mid-range jumpers. Iā€™ll just have another.

10 Likes

I am just so demoralized. I really have lost confidence in the staff to navigate the new landscape. I do think UVa provides a golden opportunity for a staff to come in and take some advantage of NIL.

The other thing is I just donā€™t know how we are this bad with two probable NBA draft picks and about 8 top 100 recruits. There is some disconnect between the current game and the staff. I am quickly losing confidence in this staff putting us in a consistent position to win at a high level.

5 Likes

Itā€™s posted above, and about as bad as youā€™d guess. Maybe from @lodger96 ?

3 Likes

People are focusing too much on the ā€œnew landscapeā€ - there is something there, but itā€™s more about Tony running his most talented players out of town and awful roster management.

Again, RS Traudtā€¦after BARELY even convincing him to comeā€¦Tony seriously lost touch with realityā€¦talk about reading the room. Donā€™t tell me he volunteered, thatā€™s bs. Miss Kadin much? Was it worth benching him Tony? Dude acts like heā€™s running an NFL team.

Itā€™s more about Tonyā€™s roster management and his inability to recruit which goes back to 2018. Portal and NIL was just a nail in the coffin.

1 Like

Thanks, I skipped most of the thread. And it actually looks even worse than I thought

4 Likes

I think the two are related. But your point is well taken.

and donā€™t forget, Dre Hunter was one foot out the door, his entire family wanted him out. Somehow Tony managed to keep him at the 11th hour. Didnā€™t learn anything from that experience.

Tony thinks everyone is Malcolm Brogdon-like. No Tony, most of these kids are just kids. Why stick around and put up with your Belichick like roster management, when they can get the bag and playing time.

We are bad

4 Likes

Me repeating to myself: ā€œThe National Title was worth itā€ over and over again.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1746281988540039227

8 Likes

We were never getting that guy.

2 Likes

There is an alternate reality where we use the national title to energize the fan base and build our brand nationally. ā€œServanthoodā€ by serving those in communities through fan engagement.

But yeah youā€™re right. His high school sweetheart is also at UK.

4 Likes

The instant eligibility transfer rule definitely hurts us and is part of the ā€œnew landscape.ā€ Guys like Dre stayed because sitting out a 2nd year in a row after transferring wasnā€™t appealing. Same for guys like Devon, Mamadi, Huff, etc who eventually developed into really solid players after barely playing early in their careers.

I think Tony needs to commit to either all in on portal or a full reset during which we are playing all freshman and sophomores. Feels like heā€™s trying to mix and match to cobble together another contender for a season and then retire and it leaves us with more flaws than usual. Probably too late for Tony to commit to a full high school recruit reset so I hope he goes all in on the portal in the offseason. Unless heā€™s not actually planning to retire in the next few years

1 Like

Time to go back to Remembering some guys . . .

4 Likes