Virginia @ Louisville (Football) Thurs Nov 9 - 730pm ESPN

Louisville’s coach came from Purdue. Which means we shoulda scheduled this one for March.

(That’s right, Painter, you’re not even safe in football threads— I’m begging you to stop hurting my family)

6 Likes

Unless Kenny Payne is in headset on their sideline I don’t see this one going our way unfortunately.

Just hoping for us to look fundamentally sound and get out with no injuries. We’re playing for the last week of the season at this point.

2 Likes

Isnt Louisville built around their run game? UNC refused to run. Miami ran some with some success. GT realized we couldn’t stop the run.

1 Like

Yeah two good RB’s, Jordan and Guerendo. Plummer isn’t a dual threat QB like King was for GT but they have a solid OL and I would assume they’ll run it at least 40+ times. Also their defense is very good.

On the road coming off a short week where we had a ton of injuries in our last game, it has a chance to be a very rough night. But if we come out, minimize mistakes and hit on a few magic plays from AC who knows we might give them a scare. This team looked like it belonged against two quality teams in UNC and Miami so it’s not like we can’t compete.

3 Likes

Gonna be fun watching a team with a first year head coach beat us by 40 while I’m being told that we have to wait 30 more years before we can expect to go 500.

2 Likes

Good tackle by Sanker to force the 3 and out.

2 Likes

What the hell was that call? Kinda dumb by Stevens I guess but a half effort arm club feels pretty tame lol.

1 Like

Not a fan of the play calling.

My guess on the sack is the AC went the wrong direction.

How long ago was the game we had zero penalties???

Woof, Jordan is fast as hell.

This should be the forum motto. Swap in lineup for basketball season.

2 Likes

About three offensive holds on that play. But the flag was for a D hold. Not so sure about that one.

1 Like

The first defensive #90 ever to be called for holding???

2 Likes

Exactly. I don’t think I’ve ever seen holding called on a defensive lineman. Never mind that their wide receiver was guilty of an egregious hold downfield.

2 Likes

LOL.

Our oline is barely competent. shotgun plays and these trick lateral throw nonsense not the best

1 Like

We snuck up on the ACC officials against UNC, they aren’t going to let it happen again. Not that Louisville needs any help

This team can’t go 2 seconds without doing something stupid

2nd and 15 and we’re running a sweep to the short side of the field. Come on Des.

2 Likes

Stevens doing his best Furnish impression tonight.

1 Like