šŸ€ Virginia Transfers Watch - '23 - '24 Season

28 Likes

Wowā€¦good for him.

3 Likes

Heā€™d be a great bridge if he stuck around. We wouldnā€™t have gone after Dante. Glad heā€™s getting his though.

1 Like

Itā€™s the racing stripe that makes the difference. Looking slick

4 Likes

I tried that onceā€¦ once

6 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed a lot of the guys we were kinda sorta linked to in the offseason havenā€™t done much. Jennings for example barely played in Texas Techā€™s first game. It wasnā€™t a slam dunk portal season for us but I feel like it really worked out. Rohde will be a huge piece for two more years so thatā€™s a W

10 Likes

McKoy with a career high in minutes and points in Game 1 in paradiseā€¦

3 Likes

Beran has been pretty meh so far at VT. Probably a better defender than Groves but nowhere near the shooting numbers Jacob has put up in his first three games.

Still a lot of season left but I think we did pretty damn good overall with our transfer haul, Minor is definitely a TBD but I think heā€™ll play a vital role at some point.

2 Likes

No one would give me Campbell plus 21.5! Go Camels

1 Like

Kadin in the starting line-up for Texas tonight.

Beran is so ridiculously mid (okay thatā€™s maybe harsh I think his defense wouldā€™ve played here but offensively thereā€™s just nothing to work with). Early returns on groves are looking very promising and I believe he is the much better fit overall

Thereā€™s this pompous guy on tech sideline that tried to argue Beran was better than Dunn this year over the offseason. I knew it would age poorly but Iā€™m very petty when it comes to this stuff so I had to save the receipt lol

6 Likes

I watched a lot of the creighton Iowa game last night. Traudt is such a good shooter and would obviously love to have that option off the bench but manā€¦and I say this with no sour grapesā€¦he is really lumbering out there. I donā€™t remember him moving that slowly but his foot speed did not impress me. Not saying he wonā€™t be good and we wonā€™t miss him but that really surprised me

5 Likes

Sooo lumbering

3 Likes

Looked like he was running in quick sand. There was a play where Kalkbrenner and he were running back and Kalkbrenner looked like a sprinter compared to Traudt. The 7ā€™1 center looked far more mobile. Thought that was crazy

2 Likes

Yeah I think I said this before but it looks like he put too much weight on. Probably in anticipation of guarding centers in the post.

He was much slimmer and mobile here (blue white/practice footage and italy footage)

3 Likes

Yea he is fat. I guess his Mama and girlfriend have been feeding him well. Great shooter but thatā€™s it.

2 Likes

While he may be wrongā€¦ GCHokie is one of the more knowledgeable posters thereā€¦ used to be a manager on the basketball team and is pretty well connected. Heā€™s one of the few that gives pretty good information and is pretty fair when talking about UVA.

2 Likes

VT fans really do live in their own weird dimension, donā€™t they? Between this hot take and the ā€˜Pedulla is better than Beekmanā€™ narrative that got started it really makes you question their basketball smarts.

I donā€™t know how anyone could watch tape of Beran and Dunn last season and determine that Beran was gonna end up as the better player this year, or that he wouldā€™ve started over Dunn. Even if he is knowledgeable that is a certifiably insane opinion lol.

1 Like

Gave him the benefit of the doubt until I saw he posted this in April 2023 :joy:

Heā€™s knowledgeable but heā€™s also incredibly arrogant in any disagreement.

1 Like