Virginia vs Columbia discussion board

Tomas looked somewhat flat footed today. Is it possible that he is still hurting?
He and Kody both seemed reluctant to take a couple of what looked to be wide open shots or has my view of “wide open” been influenced by watching Kyle for three years?
Great seeing Caffaro come in. He certainly takes up space under the basket. Hard to believe he only out weighs Huff by a couple pounds.

2 Likes

Looks like we’ll be in for a challenge on Tuesday. Vermont is up 9 at St. Johns with under 7 left.

2 Likes

They are well coached disciplined and have some shooters. Braxton will have to bring his A game defensively on Lamb. That said, our inside advantage will again be a lot to handle

3 Likes

Vermont has been very good for past few years. Will be real game. I think they kinda live and die by the 3.

3 Likes

Looked like there was a new set or two in the mix on offense. One was kinda like the middle triangle/middle third offense from last year, but with less screen-the-screener action, that seemed like it was trying to get our forwards inside opportunities. The other one I saw looked like a little false action to set up a Kihei high ball screen into a spread floor. And of course, there was a bunch of Blocker-Mover, and some continuity ball screen.

2 Likes