Virginia vs Villanova at MSG next season!

Love everything about this!

13 Likes

This is great! Can’t wait - this is how perennial contenders for the national championship (us and 'nova) should approach the non-conference season! May have to make the trip.

1 Like

The out of conference schedule will be loaded this upcoming year. Ideally we get UCLA and Kansas in the preseason tournament too. I would love to play Gonzaga in the next few years. I feel like we’ll see them in the tourney sometime.

1 Like

Really hope the season isn’t condensed due to Covid.

We’re looking at Nova, 2/3 of Kansas UCLA Georgetown, plus a high level BIG/ACC Challenge opponent! All those teams sans Georgetown could be too 15 opponents

5 Likes

That’s awesome Hoos in the Garden. Bennett and Wright all around awesomeness.

4 Likes

This would presumably be a Saturday game in December?

2 Likes

REALLY hope we can get in a rhythm of playing Nova as often as possible. It would be so great for so many reasons. Wright and TB are both by the books coaches, not to mention roughly the same age and will be around for awhile. Both teams are hitting their stride at the same time. Excellent offensive scheme vs. excellent defensive scheme. Not to mention both teams lean experience > talent. Truly great for both schools and CBB, win or lose!

10 Likes

So out of conferences is

• UCLA
  • Georgetown/Kansas
  • Villanova
  • Big 10 school
  • Gardner Webb
  • Long Beach St
  • Temple
  • Kent State
  • JMU

Am I missing any scheduled games?

3 Likes

Very excited about this! Was already planning on driving to Anaheim but I may be looking to fly to NYC for this one. Hope the season happens!

3 Likes

I hope this game gets played. This would be awesome. New York may not allow fans

2 Likes

Nice. The kind of game national champs should have on the schedule.

2 Likes

That’s probably a good possibility.

2 Likes

So does this mean the Kentucky matchup won’t begin for another year?

2 Likes

I believe that was rumored for 21 or 22

2 Likes

Unless I’m missing a game in that list, I think Virginia still has one open spot for an OOC game…

1 Like

Fairleigh Dickinson, 12/8 at home.

2 Likes

UVA vs VILLANOVA is happening December 19 on fox in MSG

3 Likes

Nice does that mean Gus Jonshon may be on the call?

1 Like

Would think so. Gus and Raf, can’t beat that! Noon tip kinda stinks though .

5 Likes

Ouch didn’t realize it was a noon tip, that’s a shame but Gus and Raf about as good as it gets.