Virginia vs. Virginia Tech, Saturday, 25 Nov, 3:30PM, ESPN

300 GIF

Today’s the day. Virginia vs Va Tech, Good vs Evil. Hoos are +2.5 and the total is 53.

For the whinging about CTE the state of the program etc. Put that aside for now we can rehash all that after the final whistle. Right now we are all Hoos and there is only 1 direction to point out frustrations and anger and that is towards that swarm of mouth breathers looking to invade Scott Stadium.

11 Likes

Virginia Cavaliers GIF by NCAA Championships

vs.

Floss Hokies GIF by Virginia Tech

3 Likes

Tech game sneaks up on me every year. Easily the most irrational you will ever see me watching a game. When we lose against them I am no better than an angry 12 year old lol

5 Likes

Line moved to 1.5. GO HOOS.

1 Like

Interesting it opened at 1.5 then grew to 2.5. Without looking into it I have to imagine the latest shift is purely due to money coming in. Doesn’t change a ton really.

I will admit to being very concerned about their running attack. We have to force them to play from behind. They get ahead and can rely on the run game then they are going to be tough to stop. Tuten is a good back and Drones is too.

We haven’t faired well against dual rushing attacks. They get the run game established and that could open up their passing game. Drones isn’t a huge threat there but he has connected on some deep passes in games where they’ve established the run effectively.

Probably have to win a shootout. I love AC’s fearlessness in a game like this

2 Likes

It’s funny that a guy named Drones isn’t good through the air.

2 Likes

So many Hokies here…

Not you. The fact that hokies are tainting our beautiful land

2 Likes

Not surprising that’s been a tradition going back 20 years.

At last weeks game we kept commenting on how dead everything was on grounds and in the parking lots.

1 Like

I hate them so much

2 Likes

Agreed

1 Like

Day of joy or sorrow….regardless of lame ass fans…the team needs to bring it…I think this team is capable of that…

2 Likes

VT football & Duke hoops. Other than the NCAAT, these are usually the only games that affect my mood for days. Especially when I feel like we actually have a shot, which I think we do today.

4 Likes

Totally agree

3 Likes

I have no doubt the boys will show up. Like ai said in my picks, this group understands the job at hand. CTE may not be perfect at xs and os or whatever but he gets the lads zoned in and ready week in and week out.

They do not carry themselves like a 3 win team.

2 Likes

Line now at +1.5

2 Likes

Not to overdramatize but I feel like this could be a crossroads game. Tough year but these kids have been so close, have kept their heads up, and fought. We’re not going to a bowl, but with the young kids we have, going into 2024 with a win over VT would be huge.

2 Likes

Yep….ive grown to appreciate te as a leader and a man….to me that’s more important then x and os…can always find assistants to do that….much harder to find a true leader of men….im firmly in his camp now…but obv….you have to win…let’s hope today is the beginning of big wins for the hoos….we have been through a lot…te and the team deserve some success

1 Like

Yea I try to take emotion out of my picks but everything you just laid out is tough to ignore. I Keep getting this feeling that the program is close to turning a corner ans building something special and today might be the breaking point of the dam. This group has been through so much and by all accounts done everything right they don’t deserve this moment they have earned it.

2 Likes