Vote for CavTex's Dog

@CavTex has a corgi named Winnie that’s trying to gain entry into Texas Tech’s Corgi Race.

You have to get voted in, however, to gain entry into the race.

Like this tweet (the one for Winnie Walker in the tweet thread 10/20) to vote for Tex’s dog.

It would be fun for a stealth Hoo to win the Red Raiders’ big race.

9 Likes

Thanks Karl
If she is picked she will race against others at halftime of the Texas Tech v Kansas hoops game next month.
She is a Hoo!!!

14 Likes

Also hoping If she wins she takes a big ole S@&$! On selfs’s chair!!

6 Likes

I wanna hang out with that dog.

4 Likes

When she was a little younger I use to take her in the alley behind our house and throw a tennis ball for her to run after and bring it back to me. She learned pretty quickly that if she released it before she got to me it would give her that extra few seconds where she could stop and sprint the other direction and actually wait for this old man to throw it. Didn’t take long for that to become old, because as you know you can only throw a tennis ball so far. So now I use a racquet to hit the ball down the alley.

2 Likes

I do the same thing with our lab down our dead end street. Works like a charm

2 Likes

I love the idea of the dog as a Hoo double agent “accidentally” tripping other dogs on the way to win, thinking “F*$@ Texas Tech and Kansas”.

4 Likes

Update
Winnie made it to the race
Thanks all hoo voted for my little Hoo

17 Likes

So is Winnie on scholarship now how does that work? Are the dogs being tested for PED’s before the race I want this to be fair. Also when can I see odds because I’m not above betting on a dog race at halftime at a TT game… actually now that I type that out, I assume that’s what happens at halftime of every TT game.

5 Likes

I hope Winnie lays waste to the competition.

4 Likes

Congratulations, Winnie! Saw you not only made it, you got the most likes in that particular tweet thread.

How many dogs are in the race? 10?

3 Likes

Lol
Good stuff Dragon
She starts “Race camp” tomorrow
Leading up to two weeks of training in a gym environment
She had some pretty powerful support
TT head football coach and the entire athletic department
Expecting full on ESPN coverage with a 30 for 30 story to follow based around the fact her dad is a Hoo and her sisters are Red Raiders!!

7 Likes

I believe so, they have heats of five

3 Likes

Make sure I get a cameo in the 30 for 30.

4 Likes

Only counts if it is in slo-mo, you are staring out at nothing and there is dramatic music in the background…

4 Likes

With a cutover to JWilly clapping during the training session…

6 Likes