VPI Pre-Game / Live Thread

That’s a hook on tech how is Hauser getting the foul.

4 Likes

That should have been a foul on Mutts.

5 Likes

Aluma was obviously a problem, though he actually could not take advantage of Trey on him. Still, really solid defensive half. Offense has looked a little dicey at times, I think Reece and Casey are going to have to hit some threes to open up some space on the floor.

1 Like

What’s the deal with Justin? Same as last year, playing time dwindles as the season goes on.

3 Likes

Yeah, just thinking he’s got 5 fouls to burn. Play him aggressively. But you are likely right based on what we have seen.

1 Like

Justin hustles for rebounds but he’s also a mess on the defensive end. Loses his man a lot and gets caught in no man’s land alot. Very sloppy first half.

1 Like

Nice to be up 8 and really not playing that well. VT gets after it defensively, have us just a little uncomfortable.

6 Likes

Kadin is a better match up against Aluma but lacks in experience.

2 Likes

Was gonna say we played pretty poorly on the offensive end. Not a lot crisp movements or cuts.

1 Like

Kadin is still out.

Seems like things are a bit unsettled or hesitant. Lot of shots late in the clock that arent comfortable looking

2 Likes

Did UVa suddenly make a dramatic improvement in our defense, or did Virginia Tech just start losing the ball out-of-bounds a lot?

Anyway, Huff is a very good defensive player. I think he’s concerned too much with staying out of foul trouble. I’ve seen games where he is taken out as soon as he gets one foul called against him. He really wasn’t playing defense on Aluma: he was just letting him do whatever he wanted, not because Huff is lazy, but because Huff was so aware of not getting in to foul trouble.

I guess no one knows what the deal is with Kadin Shedrick? I hope it’s nothing serious.

No doubt. If we don’t hit 2 triples right at the shot clock buzzer, this game looks a lot different right now.

3 Likes

Absolutely Sam and Trey bailed them out

2 Likes

Not sure why Trey held his fire the first time he got the ball on that possession, but glad he let it fly the second time.

2 Likes

If we weren’t good at basketball, we’d lose more games.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen 2 double dribbles in a game since i coached 5th graders

4 Likes

Holy range

1 Like

Tech’s 2nd foul of the game.

2 Likes

Are they running mover blocker action for Cone? Copy cats

1 Like