VT Preview/Thread

4 Likes

That pin down screen from Mamadi was gorgeous

4 Likes

VT playing 5 feet off of Casey. Oof

1 Like

But man oh man is he solid defensively. Plays dribble hand offs and slips beautifully. The drop step when his guy made a move off the close out saves that possession.

2 Likes

Would like to see a set play for Tomas to get him an open look.

1 Like

I love the confidence Tomas is showing these days. Hard to recall the days he passed up so many open shots

2 Likes

VT can’t hit anything rn

2 Likes

If they aren’t going to guard Kody…

2 Likes

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

Mamadi the jump shooting-star

2 Likes

I’ll write something more extensive about this soon, but Bennett has adjusted the mover blocker system for Kihei Clark to be able to attack off ball screens in continuity. For a while in non con play he would go off a ball screen to initiate, and if there was nothing there he’d pass off, get it back, and go again. Now, they’re running mover blocker into and out of the ball screen motion and with the improved shooting of Tomas and Kody, opposing defenses are left scrambling. Couple that with Diakite’s post play, and this offense is where it needs to be.

3 Likes

Happy with this start. Tomas is missing so far, so put Kody in for a 3! Plus Mamadi already with 9! We have multiple options of scoring on this team. Im surprised to be saying this, but we are very balanced on offense. Could be anyone scoring.

3 Likes

Mamadi has as many points himself as the whole VT team… that’s great!

2 Likes

I don’t know. Feel like we are letting then hang around and should be up by 20. Other than Mamadi only shooting 29%.

1 Like

i noticed this too. but only because @brogdonfanpage taught me how to see this stuff

4 Likes

Morsell looked really comfortable bringing the back up the few times he did

3 Likes

So our last game against tech they only had 39 which was their lowest point total since the 1960s…as of right now they are pacing to score less than 39. haha

3 Likes

Mamadi is playing like he grew up in this rivalry. Buckets aside he is housing rebounds

5 Likes

Wow! 11 points!

3 Likes

Spectacular first half from Kiehi.

1 Like