Wake Forest game thread

Wake’s 8-man rotation has 2 Brits, 1 Swede, and 5 transfers. Don’t why I find that interesting, but I do. Also, I’d watch a documentary about Wake’s scout that scours the pubs of the British Isles looking for anyone over 6’6"…

7 Likes

Will be interesting being there tomorrow to watch body language and see Timeouts and warmups etc …

I went to the Cuse game … it was very helpful to eyeball Dunn, Traudt and Bond to assess their shooting form and athleticism. The future is very bright. I am sure we will be able to make solid shooters out of Dunn and Bond. Traudt is already cash money.

10 Likes

I actually thought all of Dunn’s misses vs Tech looked good … all on line.

11 Likes

What did you think of Dunn’s mechanics? Also like to hear from @DFresh11 on that.

I’m no expert, but his shot seems a little slow and deliberate, but does seem like he has cut down on some of the excess motion over the course of the season. With the caveat that his volume provides a pretty small sample to evaluate.

1 Like

Am with you on slow. He is still deliberately “thinking” his shot and not just letting it fly naturally yet. He recently grew and is really long all around so it will take time and lots and lots of repetitions

Main thing I have noticed and feel from RD is he really wants it. He wants to contribute, he wants to get good and be great. The mental is to the physical as 4 is to 1 (Bobby Knight). Especially for guys like Dunn who have the physical

Repetition on top of repetition then you trust and let go

Let it fly RD!

Edit: also would like to hear what @DavetheWave thinks on Ryans shot/ mechanics

16 Likes

I noticed his square up/foot placement seemed awkward the other night (vs. the arm mechanics)

2 Likes

What I noticed in warmups is Dunn’s shot form varied a bit … not nearly as repeatable as IMac and Traudt.

2 Likes

Yea. When it goes in it looks good. He just has to figure that consistency out. It will come. He will be rising up like Dennis Scott and Walt Williams in the next couple years

The fact that he is getting real game minutes is huge. And of course the coaches love his D and overall intensity

10 Likes

Yep. You can see when he is thinking the shot for sure

2 Likes

Whoa the insecurity of that board. They can’t even have conversations without largerly immature statements and name calling. If we had a rivarly with them, or were dook who has a rivalry with everyone then I can understand it, but this screams immaturity. They had an okay year last year and are having a good year this year but haven’t won anything in a LONG time.

2 Likes

It’s so funny that THIS year this is actually a murderers row of talented/scary teams. Wake, Cuse, Clemson, Pitt and NC State lol!

But we are on a payback tour from last season…we had a down year and some of these teams took advantage (Wake, Clemson, NC State), but we are back baby!

2 Likes

Lol that Wake board… they do have some NSFW language over there. But this particular zinger is one we’re never coming back from:

“U-V-A? Or U-V-Lame?”

The guy actually hit send on that, which in a weird way I kinda have to admire.

8 Likes

This is gonna be some game yall. We gonna need to play well for 40

8 Likes

At Home — Wake has 7 double digit wins and 3 one possession wins in their 10 games …
10-0

1 Like

Should we show em some 2-3 zone?

2 Likes

Lol it would be awesome if we could implement a bit of a pressure packline/zone just to throw teams off. Even though we succeed alot of the time with our typically pack line defense I’d love to throw out a surprise and just have fun with it, confusing teams etc.

For example- that Syracuse game at home was closer than it should have been, EVEN THOUGH we knew that they were playing that 2-3 zone…towards the end they pressured us up to the half court and then really shrunk the zone and tried to have us make some outside shots and would grab the rebounds. It was really a mind fuck because time was wasted, and then the *normal activity to thwart the zone didn’t work as well because there was *less spacing for interior passing/rythym shots etc.

In other words we were playing against 2 different defenses in the same possession.

3 Likes

Yep. They know how to throw off the rythm of a game for sure

1 Like

Tony ran a zone at Wake during the Brogs era … I think we had a huge comeback and won that game. Not saying the zone did it but Tony was fed up with how they were slicing us to ribbons in man.

2 Likes

On that Wake board, props to BarcaDeac for nailing these:

Fuck Mr. Jefferson and the Grounds and Lawn and First Years

8 Likes