Welcome Doug Smith to Locker Room Access

We are do excited to have Doug Smith join! @DFresh11 For those that don’t know, Doug played at UVa from 90-93. Had some huge corner 3s and averaged 7ppg and 3 assists in 93. Doug is going to join us on podcasts, throwback Thursdays, events and who knows what else! He lives in NYC now and is friends with Mark Jerome and team!

Welcome Doug!

15 Likes

Doug Smith, Who is on ur uva mt rushmore!

Haha, jumping right in!

2 Likes

ah man. theres some pressure. I only get 4?

2 Likes

Imma go with Bryant Ralph Cory and Crotty. Close next four is Ty Harold Deane Junior B and Rich Morgan. Remember us 90sHoos are biased to old school… but I could talk about this all day

6 Likes

Hoos yours?

3 Likes

I am adding 1 head to my Rushmore on top of list as well… Dawn Staley. this is unarguable

8 Likes

oh man…I got ralph, stith, malcolm, ty

but dawn gets her own statue

5 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

thanks yo

2 Likes

Solid. also Singletary who I missed since I was living in Brasil

2 Likes

Brogdon obvious too. My bad on that miss

4 Likes

Wilkinson, Parkhill, Gerald, Walker, Iavaroni, Castellan then Lamp (would Ralph even consider UVa without that coup?

2 Likes

Mr Parkhill has to be in consideration. Othell Wilson they say is best athlete to ever go through UVa. Lamp and Wally no doubt. Now we are real old school and great men to boot

2 Likes

Mark I was great great mentor to guys in my time along with Andrew Kennedy. maybe most underrated Hoos out there

2 Likes

Super cool to have Doug on this site. I was 12-13 years old during Doug’s prime years playing PG for the Hoos. He was my favorite player during those years and I wanted to be just like him! An inspiration to my basketball dreams as a kid.

5 Likes

made my day. thanks for that. assume you are about 6-1 and not too fast in that case but could handle and knock down the J though! hahhaah

4 Likes

Little white boy for sure. 5’11” fully grown dad now. Scrappy defense, good handle and ok J back then. Had a great time at Jeff Jones Camp circa summer 92. I think Rock Mitchell was my main camp counselor.

4 Likes

Rock is the man. Great dude and teammate. Always see him back at the alumni game. I “worked” that camp in 93. Great era Uva hoops and we all thankful for what 2019 did and all these guys since us

3 Likes

Definitely. 8 years a Hoo for me and got to be there in Minneapolis what an experience! Glad you’re taking the time to interact with us fans.

3 Likes

Best weekend I ever had. Glad you were there too. Love staying involved with UVa man. Is what its all about

4 Likes