Welp, we have a potential transfer target

Rest of the Kobe King story is starting to come out.

Sources with access to the program told the Journal Sentinel that the use of the epithet involved Kobe King, who recently announced he was leaving the team and planned to transfer.

Yikes what scum

Well that’s not good and won’t help future recruiting options

There’s a series of tweets here. The (now former) strength coach admits using the epithet in the context of a story on Jan 3rd. Apologized later, thought it was a closed matter. What it amounts to is he’s insinuating that Kobe is bringing it up now to lay groundwork for a waiver claim.

He said, he said. I’ll say this, after reading Jeff Whites piece on Hauser it’s clear nothing happens in Wisconsin that a Bennett or a Soderberg doesn’t know about.

I kid, but if they decide to seriously pursue it’ll be because an abundance of due diligence has been done and they trust the kids character.

2 Likes

Bingo. This is old news to our coaches.

To take it a step further, the Bennett-Soderberg faction of the coaching staff are no one’s “sources”. What they handle, stays quiet. No one would admit to knowing anything about the Hauser transfer recruitment. in fact, most denied it emphatically.

2 Likes

Kobe King to Nebraska, so we can put that rumor to rest.

5 Likes

@NakedIcarus Bet this makes you happy! We can do better.

1 Like

:smile:

I don’t hate the guy, so best of luck to him at Nebraska. But I never saw a fit for him at Virginia. In any way.

3 Likes

I always like seeing Nebraska importing a problem . . . Long story

2 Likes