What are you doing without March Madness?

via Imgflip Meme Generator

7 Likes

Without March Madness? Disappointing, but seriously. There are these really neat things called ‘books’. They’re full of really neat stuff. I just found a Samuel Eliot Morison volume I had never read, and picked up a hardback copy of ‘Gravity’s Rainbow’ (although over the last 45 years, or so, I have read 80% of it 4 or 5 times). Also, there are really wonderful streaming services. Right now, I am catching up on ‘Death in Paradise’, ‘Brokenwood Mysteries’, and ‘The Black Adder’. ‘Mrs. Brown’s Sons’ is pretty entertaining, too. I also just acquired a new 90 mm macro lens. Just in time for this spring’s blossums. I’ll miss March Madness, but there is still plenty to do. There are also trout flies to be tied!

2 Likes

Books! remember those? Great idea there

2 Likes

Gotcha. It came in my inbox as a reply to my comment.

And cool. Have a good day.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this, Marktykobe! I’ve watched, so far, the first four of the NCAAT games, including the Purdue game this past Saturday. Before and after each, I’m watching all of the matched up videos on Virginia Sports TV, making it even more enjoyable. Totally agree with everything Doug says about the game…I had totally forgotten the whole flow of the game, as well as the contributions of the other players (Jack!!! :heart_eyes:), and that Kihei was mentioned. I’ve watched all the pre-Final Four UVa videos, and Auburn is up next. Watching the players’ interviews, and especially CTB’s interviews, it’s especially remarkable hearing what they had to say with them not knowing the future outcome.

4 Likes

Thats great Kate. Wish I had it on DVR. good move by you

2 Likes

This coronavirus has really put a damper on so many fun activities. UVA basketball. Traveling. I may need to change my name to LivingInABunker. At least for the next 2-3 months. Agggh.

1 Like

haha that’s great but yeah it sucks. I really miss sports

1 Like

Felt like this deserved posting:

https://twitter.com/austinkatstra/status/1240726201309822977?s=21

Full bracket:

3 Likes

2 seed top right is the restaurant my dad founded 17 years ago, and he still owns and runs it to this day. Players stop by a lot

7 Likes

Nice some solid spots there. Also shows how long its been since ive lived at home because there’s a few i dont recognize

2 Likes

Wayside and Nellys are getting very disrespectful
seeds.

3 Likes

Boylan at 8 is scandalous

1 Like

Does/did overall experience and atmosphere of the place go into account here or is it just the food itself? I would assume atmosphere plays a big role in seed and everything. Katstra said him and his family made it themselves

1 Like

lemme ask his mom. she said today that her kids put ton of work into this which is very cool

2 Likes

Geez you have so many cool connections

1 Like

His dad was 2 years older and played with me. Was my mentor back then and we all came up
together. You can make the same connects too Big B

1 Like

That’s pretty cool

1 Like

Uva dude. great people

2 Likes

got the answer from Austins mom:Personal preference from a poor college kid and his sister😂

6 Likes