What are you doing without March Madness?

This brings back memories! Many of these restaurants were not there when I was in school! Although, I did work at The Brick Oven in 1997-1998 making some extra cash to pay for living expenses. My girlfriend (now wife) has to help me get the job because I had no restaurant experience. After closing the manager then would pour us a few beers. Good times!

3 Likes

Man Bizou and Hamiltons, that’s where I hit up for dinner before prom jr and sr year. Downtown Grille and Citizen Burger were part of one of my bachelor party weekends. Great memories.

1 Like

Bizou and Hamilton’s were really good back in the day. Remember some special dinners at those spots. I also used to love a restaurant called Mono Loco, right off the downtown mall. I saw that it closed down a few years back, however. I need to revisit and explore some new restaurants when next in Charlottesville!

2 Likes

No doubt both of those were solid 20 plus years ago when I was attending prom. Mono Loco was very good as well. I was sad to hear they closed a while back. My wife and I still stop at Bodo’s every time we’re in town. Salt Bagel with strawberry cream cheese can’t be beat.

2 Likes

everybody has their go to at Bodos and it delivers everytime. Whole wheat turkey cheese heated then throw tomato on it. sneaky good OJ too

3 Likes

If you haven’t voted for Mamadi, go do it! Voting ends soon! That iconic shot is somehow losing!

4 Likes