What happened to Wahoops IG?

Was there last night, but haven’t seen it all day. Anyone know what the deal is?

Got deactivated earlier today. I hear that he’s trying to fix it

1 Like

he’s probably just taking a break for the holidays…

I would think if that was the case, he would just leave the account up and just not post over the holidays. Also with two Bball games and the Orange Bowl falling near the holiday times, I doubt he’d want to miss covering any of those. It is weird that it’s been down/MIA for almost 5 or so days now, one of the better UVA sports pages on IG.

1 Like

That does seem strange. It’s probably a music or copyright issue. if it’s not up soon…we’ll reach out to see if we can help!

2 Likes

I’ve reached out to him and I’ll let you know when I hear back from him

Word is that he’s working on it and he’s been working on it. He said he’s hoping to get the page up again “soon but who knows” I’ll be sure to give you any updates I get

1 Like

Any insight into what happened?

When you google Wahoops you get a link to a youth b-ball league. Could be infringement somehow.

2 Likes

I talked to him a few days ago. Didn’t pry into the reasons but his account was deactivated. I had issues with IG a while back myself and can tell you it’s a nightmare. Impossible to communicate with an actual person. You just keep sending messages and hope someone will let you know what you’ve done wrong. My account was frozen for a week and I don’t even post anything. Magically reappeared, no explanation.

2 Likes

Very interesting

Impeccable timing with the run up to the Orange Bowl. Way to nail the Russian influencers, FB… :rofl:

1 Like

Might’ve been a UMBC, Purdue, Auburn, or whatever troll trying to mess with him. Who knows

I was looking for it tonight too to find that post about this possibly being our first 10 win fball season, I wasn’t sure but I remembered that post so that’s how I was gonna verify, lol. I was at the Dec 31, 1999 Peach Bowl game where we went into it with 9 wins and lost to the Dawgs.

2 Likes

Have they really never had a 10 win season? I need to look that up!

1 Like

10-3 in 1989. Season before the #1 ranking. Lost to Illinois with Jeff George in the Citrus Bowl.

3 Likes

Wahoops is back! Virginia Sports on Instagram: "It’s 2020 and @wahoops_ has returned from the dead! Happy to be back covering Virginia Sports for UVA fans around the 🌍 — Special thanks to my friend @life.is.goo for helping get Wahoops restored! Merry Christmas — Happy New Year & GO HOOS! #wahoops @hawkedits_ @willmunford.creative @mattrileyphoto"

2 Likes

Moore to Moore. That team and the next were unreal. If Shawn Moore didnt break his thumb he may have won the Heisman. Love all those guys

He’s baaaaaaaack! And better than ever

1 Like