What if Iverson went to UVA

You’re right I got my mascots mixed up was thinking Hampton Va and Crabbers was in my head not Bethel.

You don’t know how much that mistake you just made, divided a city and the real reason why he went tu jail. Again not my place. LOL. But yes he played for Bethel and not Hampton.

2 Likes

Yaa, I know the story of what happened. And given the current circumstances I’m well aware.

1 Like

I was just teasing Dragon. Im not sure what story but there was a time AI going tu Bethel made Hampton alum and fans upset. A great rivalry. This was when VA HS sports could compete with the country. Alot of great talent and teams. Prep school, building more schools and district realigning really hurt the quality of hs basketball in the Tidewater area. There was a time when every hs team in Norfolk and VA Beach had at least one power five talent. The guys in Portsmouth wouldn’t stay in school. LOL. Chesapeake was tu “suburban” and Across the bridge like Hampton and Newport News wasnt considered tu beTidewater. But they had better football.

2 Likes

No worries. I agree on the realignment and the emergence of prep schools shifting Va HS landscape drastically. I feel like I came through the tail end of era when we had limited divisions limited HS, and the Tidewater was down right scary if you had to meet them on the court or on the field. It’s funny because of how you break out Norfolk, Hampton, Va Beach etc. and how one side of the bridge was considered Tidewater and the other side wasn’t. But to us from Central Va, we saw it all as one massive region, once you got about 40 mins east of Richmond on 64 you knew you were going to a different level.

While I was gone that’s when they redid all the regions, and ton of new schools came online as the populations changed, and the old school A, AA, AAA transformed into what it would become today.

2 Likes