🏀 Who is the greatest college basketball player of all time

For me it is Pistol Pete and its not even close in my mind

1 Like

For some, Pete Maravich’s NCAA scoring mark cannot be eclipsed by Caitlin Clark or anyone else

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Iowa star Caitlin Clark is close to passing the late Pete Maravich as the all-time scorer in NCAA basketball history. Maravich’s son Jaeson calls Clark a fantastic player who’s been great for basketball. He says he will always consider her scoring mark separate” from his father’s. Clark needs 18 points to eclipse Maravich’s mark of 3,667 in what would he her 130th game over four seasons. Freshman couldn’t play varsity basketball when Maravich arrived at LSU in 1966. He averaged 44.2 points over 83 games during three seasons in an era when there was no 3-point line or shot clock.

1 Like

Lew Alcindor and Bill Walton

2 Likes

Well you really cant argue the greatness of Alcindor and Walton. I just cant get past the fact that the Pistol averaged 44ppg over a 3 yr period with no shot clock or 3 point line. I believe he also averaged 10 assist per game. Walton was the best passing big man i ever saw in college.

Ty jerome

6 Likes

Maravich was a nepo baby chucker with some fancy dribbles and stuff

1 Like

Don’t hate me…

4 Likes

Gotta be Kareem championships matter and Pete aint win sh$t

2 Likes

It’s hard to answer this question over most of my fandom (basically last 30 years or so) because there’s been such a separation between “most productive college players” and “best players I saw play in college”,

1 Like

That’s always the difficult part of these arguments. You have to set your personal measuring stick and stick to it.

On sheer productivity (ppg or some other advanced metric) the leading person often is not the best player

1 Like

Chris Jackson

2 Likes

ESPN convinced me during the NCST game, it has to be DJ Burns.

7 Likes

Largest or best player?

Jerry Lucas averaged 24 ppg and 17 rebounds for his three year “Varsity” career. Remember, Freshman couldn’t play back then and only had 3 years. What a terrible rule by the way….

Went to the NCAA championship game all three years. Won one of those, and lost two of them to Big O and Cincinnati.

But probably Lou Alcindor.

3 Likes

Didn’t Big O avg at or near triple double his college career?

1 Like

Men’s Lew Alcindor

Women’s Brianna Stewart

1 Like

Stewie was sick.

This guy can’t get a mention?

6 Likes

I’d vote Kareem though since they basically banned the dunk to stem the tide of his dominance.

That’s respect, fear, or both.

6 Likes

David Thompson would also be in the conversation

3 Likes