❤ Why I love UVA Basketball

This is slightly off topic, but I thought I would share this with my LRA family .

https://medium.com/@hoostw/the-passing-of-an-iconic-figure-in-the-history-of-the-university-of-virginia-7e966fcd4935

49 Likes

Wow, @Merch! What an amazing and loving tribute to your Dad and entire family. Thank you so much for sharing. Your family’s story is so interesting and inspiring. My condolences to you and your Mom and brother on your Dad’s passing. The scholarship you guys endowed is such a fitting way to honor your Dad. It’s my privilege to contribute.

8 Likes

That’s a beautiful tribute. And what a gift it was for him to have you there during his final days.

9 Likes

What a terrific read. I am sure your father was as proud of you as you are of him. My condolences.

8 Likes

Ba ba never red shirted. Never asked for NIL. And never considered transfering. Incredible Life, story and tribute TW.

His legacy will last here at LRA that you created, among many other things

17 Likes

This was such an awesome article. He sounds like a man any of us would’ve enjoyed having the privilege to chat about hoops with. Condolences TW we’re all here for you!

7 Likes

This is such a beautifully written tribute; made me cry a little. My condolences for your loss. Thank you very much for sharing it with us.

6 Likes

That’s amazing @Merch. Great story and I am sorry for the loss of your father.

3 Likes

TW - thx for sharing your family history. Amazing. Someone must be chopping onions over here - getting choked up. My condolences. Family is everything. His light shines on and in you.

7 Likes

A wonderful tribute to your dad! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers! Totally agree with @edfrva his light continues to shine on through you!

6 Likes

@Merch ,Thank you for sharing this story with us. My condolences and prayers for you and your family for the loss of your father who left behind a great legacy. This to me is the story of a man and his family who came to America, worked hard and made something of themselves. This is the real American Dream and it was done the right way. Although i know these times are tough just remember your Dad and all his hard work and the legacy he left behind

7 Likes

Total stud, a trailblazer, and a legend. RIP BaBa. You did it right!

Never met the man but I see the same qualities in his son. Now someone get me a tissue please….

#UVAFamily

6 Likes

Beautiful. I almost reached out to @Merch yesterday. Sorry for your loss but I know BaBa is smiling reflecting on and feeling the love from his family.
Thoughts are with you and yours.

8 Likes

That was a great article you wrote @Merch. A great tribute!

5 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing. Proud to know he and your whole family are part of the community.

5 Likes

What a great way to remember your father. Great article. Thoughts are with you and your family as you all process. We wouldn’t have LRA if it weren’t for your Dad making that decision to teach at UVA… You definitely embody all he valued.

7 Likes

Wow, amazing story and a true pioneer.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing your father’s incredible story with us. My condolences to you and your family on his loss.

6 Likes

Great story, thanks for sharing and condolences on the loss of a local legend!

3 Likes

Thank you all for the kind words and support. Really means a lot to share his story and have our community connect with it.

13 Likes