Why UVA Lacrosse is Set to Defend Its Title

Led by a bevy of returning scorers and a few new arrivals, the 2021 UVA lacrosse team exudes talent and boast the potential to make a run at defending their 2019 National Championship.

Will be trying to do some lax coverage this season. Uncertain of the audience for it here/in general so let me know if you’re interested in more!

12 Likes

Nice article. On offense don’t forget Garno and Dickson, both very high level and accomplished players. This team will be fun to watch.

2 Likes

Yup, those two and Connor should be a solid 2nd line midfield group.

Good stuff, Zach. Lacrosse is my favorite sport so I’ll read it all. I watched UVA, UNC and Duke this weekend. UNC and UVA look like they are way ahead of Duke, but Duke typically struggles early. I’m really excited for such an ACC heavy schedule this year. Regarding the Hoos I wasn’t really surprised about Conor or Cormier but Bertrand was a revelation. When Moore comes back and Dox is back in lacrosse shape I don’t know how you defend us. Moore, Conor, Cormier, Laviano, Dox and Bertrand, who draws the short sticks?

8 Likes

Is Bertrand a Long Island kid? knew a guy same name back in the day that played at Georgetown same last name

Baldwinsville, NY. Is that LI? He’s pretty fucking good.

yea man. sounds like my dudes son or atleast same kin

1 Like

Tough start to the ACC season. Got killed by Cuse a couple weeks ago and now down 8-3 to UNC. Gave up two goals during a 3 minute man advantage.

looking pretty feeble at the moment - hopefully they can make it respectable or get the monumental comeback. Carolina either looking great or our defense looking rough…

Gotta say it’s our defense until we can get our ACC GAA under 10 a half