William & Mary game back on...and now off again

7 Likes

Good context

5 Likes

Not seeming so likely now I guess :frowning:

1 Like

How many regular season games are we realistically hoping to get in at this point…15? 18 maybe? 4 for 7 so far assuming none are rescheduled.

I’d say anywhere between 50-70% of normal

nine.
and.
one.
national.
champs.

5 Likes

I think Pitino might be right. Postponing the season to around February and having May Madness seems more appealing by the day.

1 Like

22 games

Go listen to Jeff Goodman’s podcast with three players on pause and see if you still have that opinion. It would be messed up to pull the rug out from these kids after having them sacrifice so much since July just because fans can’t handle 20% of games getting cancelled.

2 Likes

Oh I’m all for continuing. Just trying to figure out what we can reasonably expect. 22 seems ambitious. We’re already at 24, again assuming none are rescheduled.

3 Likes

I’m probably being naive but I’m thinking things will calm down a little bit now that normal students are gone. Of course if players go home for the holidays that theory goes completely out of the window. I’m staying optimistic until I can’t tough. Football has already played 9 and is on track for 10 when before the season many people were just hoping to play 8.

2 Likes

I know he wasn’t the first to suggest it but the thought is only going to gain steam now that K has given his espn minions their orders and talking points. And there wasn’t (as usual) an ounce of sincerity to his comments. He said that, not because he really thinks there should be a pause but because his team is an absolute dumpster fire. And he knows it.

3 Likes

I mean it’s not pulling the rug out if games are still played at a later date it’s no different than postponing now. I think the issue would be putting teams in the tournament if one team gets 26 games and another get 15 or so. We’ll see what happens I’d love to get the full season in on time.

https://mobile.twitter.com/tatefrazier/status/1336713150750605315

1 Like

It is if you can’t guarantee things will be better after the postponement. Some international
players haven’t been home since before last season because they wanted to make this season happen. If you are going to take basketball away from them now there better be a guarantee things will be better when it comes back.

Personally I think the best course of action is to keep playing games now but push back the tournament to give teams time to make up games on the backend. No reason the tournament can’t be played in April other than CBS and Turner Sports wanting it during the normal place on the calendar.

4 Likes

This I can agree with. May Madness was the biggest emphasis of Pitinos point for me, as I said before teams need to Atleast be close in total games played before the tournament.

4 Likes