World Cup 2022

My understanding is that you really start printing money once you get to champions league

1 Like
1 Like

Wow the World Cup just changes on two goals by France in 30 seconds…

2 Likes

Unreal game. Feelin like PKs proly?

2 Likes

Maybe PKs, but there are going to be chances for the team that wants to close this out.

2 Likes

Ha. Great call!

1 Like

Best WC final I can remember. Messi the GOAT!

6 Likes

Wow craziness- definitely not uneventful.

3 Likes

Congratulations to Messi.

4 Likes

I’ve gotta say, though – it’s kind of a shame to see a great match decided on PKs.

4 Likes

Man both teams tried to end it in OT to your earlier point

2 Likes

If there was only 1 soccer game you watched in your life, this is the one.

7 Likes

This goalkeeper for Argentina, Martinez – something tells that me could be an NHL goalie:

4 Likes

Will Papi be available on Tuesday? Short recovery time

10 Likes

Winner!

1 Like

Driving to St Moritz, Switzerland during the game… my wife was taking pictures out the window…

… made her take a picture of my boys watching the World Cup in the back seat over 4G not looking out the window… LOL!

We got to the hotel in time for extra time and the pens.

Best final EVER!

9 Likes

EPIC!!!

2 Likes

Watched on tape delay because it was my daughter’s birthday. That was a top 5 sporting event I’ve ever watched. Absolutely epic!

9 Likes

I saw it live and am working mostly from memory, but after approximately 85% of regulation had elapsed, there was:

• Penalty on Argentina and successful PK by Mbappe
  • Equalizer by Mbappe on a great finish after a cross
  • The Messi rebound goal after a clever 1-2 passing on a ball played long
  • The inadvertent Argentinian handball to give Mbappe a hat trick on the PK
  • Arguably the play of the game when Martinez saves a shot with his legs after the Argentine center back misplays a ball over the top
  • All of the PK drama, leading up to Montiel (who had the hand ball penalty) securing the win

What am I forgetting? I know there were at least a couple of other chances in there, too.

5 Likes

Happy Birthday to your daughter! The best

3 Likes