1st scholastic live period 6/18-6/20

Coach Bennett and I believe Kyle Getter starting things off in Shelbyville, KY for Reed Sheppard

Bennett will get to see Louisville Christian with 2023 guard George Washington III on the same court. Then he’s expected in Ashland, KY this evening for Isaac McKneely. That’ll be day 1 for the boss.

16 Likes

I think this is Coach Vandross in Jersey watching Westtown ¶ with Jameel Brown and Dereck Lively

6 Likes

This is the reason I worry he’ll bolt for the NBA eventually. Driving and flying all over the place to watch high school basketball doesn’t really seem like a lot of fun. Especially when you’re past the scouting point, and just watching guys you already offered to make sure they know that you’re into them.

1 Like

If I were a real coach, I’d just send a lot of “Thinking of you!” texts instead

4 Likes

At least from outward appearances TB always seems to be enjoying himself during this time. He’s in his element. Hanging out with his peers all day watching basketball. Now the actual recruiting part, not so sure. But yeah I really think he loves this part.

7 Likes

If Vandross is in NJ any guesses where JWilly pops up today?

Williford or whoever the yet unaccounted for assistant is will be down south, NC/SC today I’m guessing.

Yeah I feel like if you enjoy the company of your assistants these trips could be pretty fun for the most part.

3 Likes

Sounds like a new Hallmark category… Phony… you could get a royalty fee!

Seems like a big deal to me that CTBs first stop is to watch Reed Sheppard

13 Likes

lol This is a first. He’s at DC Live at Maret. Christian Watson plays a little later.

7 Likes

Any of these games being streamed somewhere?

That DC Premier team has Christian Watson and Justyn Fernandez. Anyone else of note?

2 Likes

I’ve never watched an AAU game. Is there decent team ball played in these games, or is it mostly guys trying to fill stat sheets?

They’re with their high school teams this week ie scholastic live period. Watson and St. John’s are there and Virginia Episcopal with Fernandez is over at Damatha apparently. Just figuring that out. They listed generic Episcopal on the schedule.

2 Likes
3 Likes

The few links I’ve seen are all subscription.

It’s a lot better than it’s stereotyped as for sure. Team defense is horrible though. Guys play hard, guard the ball. Very little helping.

3 Likes

No UK coaches in for Sheppard is notable

7 Likes
7 Likes

Rupp Rafters is easily one of my favorite opposing fan forums to pop onto from time to time

2 Likes