2020-2021 Basketball Preseason

I guess they should’ve changed the super bowl matchup between the harbaugh brothers too, don’t wanna hurt any feelings.

1 Like

Rumors I’ve heard have been that he likely wasn’t going to and was looking real good in practice, but that was a little while ago so not out of the question.

4 Likes

Got to agree if they cant handle playing agaisnt each other something is up. They played agaisnt each other at home and its basketball not MMA. The Lopez twins and the Morris boys played agaisnt each other plenty of times. Hell Tiki and Rhonde went head to head. It’s part of the game and they shouldn’t be focused on avoiding it

9 Likes

Many have probably already seen this but I am really excited to see what McKoy and McCorkle give us this year. My x Factors.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCBjg8NFrgB/

7 Likes

I hope he plays this year

1 Like

No Wooden Legacy tournament, back to Mohegan Sun.

1 Like
3 Likes

So who’s on the non-con as of now? Florida and Villanova?

1 Like

Nothing is confirmed confirmed yet but looking like Florida and a mid major at Mohegan to start the year.

We’re gonna make Nova work, maybe dovetailing at Mohegan as well

ACC BIG challenge

Maybe 2 lower mid games at JPJ

4 Likes

That sucks, I wanted to see Juzang get clamped for 40 minutes in front of his friends and family.

5 Likes

Florida should be a good game, and I would expect them to easily be a top-25 team this season, even if CBS doesn’t rank them currently. They lost Blackshear and Nembhard but they return a good chunk of the rotation.

3 Likes

Jay Huff 6th yr lol?

2 Likes

Dont think this applies to any of our guys. They can only hurt their stock staying one more year at age 23. Maybe Woldo but I could see him going pro in Italy as well

2 Likes

Yea woldo would be the only one who should even consider. But could be interesting for non-seniors. Does Kihei get to/elect to stay five?

I don’t see why he wouldn’t. Not sure Europe is clamoring for 5’6 guards (but am open to be corrected)

I expect it’ll be very rare that players at this level take advantage. Where it’ll be used is with someone like Marco Anthony. The casualties of missed evaluation that started off at the wrong level. They feel like they were cheated out of a year or two to start their career, so it’s an evening of sorts. Maybe some going the other way too, extra grad transfers up from mid-low majors.

5 Likes

I hate this. You’re clogging rosters doing this. It sucks for some of these kids but I think it’s causing more problems and not solving any.

6 Likes

It only clogs rosters if a coach decides to allow it. No institution is obligated to let someone stay another year.

10 Likes

https://hoosplace.com/2020/08/15/basketball/2526/

3 Likes

Per The JWilly podcast yesterday a couple of points-

1. He said that the team offensively is good, but then quickly adjusted and said that the defense needs work, for the young guys.
  • If you recall last year they were saying the defense was excellent, and even insinuating that it was the best of Tony’s tenure.

So I mention this to say, that likely the experienced Returning players will maintain the defense, and then we can sprinkle in the offensive pieces As possible.

1. Mark Jerome stated that his *relative was visiting last week and saw the practice and was *impressed. He specifically said that Reece was impressing him, but that the team looked good!

I wonder how much Tony is going to sacrifice offensively to keep in more of the defense oriented players?

4 Likes