2020-2021 season

I am unsure, but it seems to me that Coach Bennett’s approach to roster management is evolving. Increasingly, he seems to be varying lineups as situations dictate. During the 2019 tournament run, I thought this was pretty evident. Last year, even though Morsell and Stattmann averaged roughly the same time on the floor, their minutes in individual games varied wildly. One of the big downsides of losing the OOC portion of the schedule, if such happens, is that the staff won’t be as free to experiment with various combinations. With such a deep, talented roster, the permutations are quite numerous.

3 Likes

Efficiency!! When speaking of offense, it’s a pretty important statistic to CTB.

Hmm…

10 Likes

Now that could be interesting on so many levels. The logistics raise so many questions.

Late response, all good I didn’t take it that way at all. Was just pointing out that a lot of the good that Braxton did for us didn’t necessarily always show up in the stats. Agree that Hauser will be very good for us as well. Saw a comment in another thread about the lack of backbiting here as opposed to other forums and couldn’t agree with that more, I love that there’s essentially no fighting here just good discussions. Your contributions are appreciated as are all others!

5 Likes

I think we’re going to love Beekman’s ability to control tempo while being able to pick and choose when to attack off of misses. I think he’s got a special feel for that part of the game.

7 Likes

Yes he does Karl. I watched him play several times last year and I love his game. Dosen’t get in a hurry but knows when to attack. He is smooth in that he’s not real fast or quick but can get by his man with smart moves and a great feel.

3 Likes

No doubt I think he’ll have the skills to control the offense. Kihei has it right now but the question is will CTB give either the keys to up the tempo at some point?

1 Like
2 Likes

Apparently, the dead period is going through January 1st, 2021. Another round of kids committing happens sooner rather than later or kids will hold off until the spring with hopes of visits.

3 Likes

Sorry I didn’t see Norlander’s tweet.

2 Likes

Fortunately, Virginia’s roster is in great shape through the 2021/22 season. In fact, things look pretty good through 2023 depending on the development of McKoy and Murphy. Lots of schools, and lots of recruits are going to be taking chances with commitments this fall. Mistakes will be made, and the transfer portals in 2022 and 2023 are going to be full of talent. I imagine it is going to be interesting.

6 Likes

Absolutely! That’s why if we miss on Keels and Kaufman, I might hold at least one scholarship.

1 Like

Blockquote I hope that Keels and Kaufman actually do hold off so they can see how we look this year, and how well we finish in the season.

I would love for Kaufman to wait until he could visit. I’m not sure that helps us for Keels.

No info whatsoever, just a good feeling, but I don’t think we miss on Kaufman. That young man is going to be a Hoo. Just think it into being. (Thinking Keels into being a Hoo might cause a migraine given the current forecast.)

6 Likes

He sure seems like one with his analytical and honest approach. He doesn’t seem to be swayed by an entourage of advisers either.

1 Like

Considering the current climate Keels wouldn’t surprise me if he picked the good guys.

5 Likes

On second thought, I choose to embrace your optimism, Chief. Wahoowa!!!

3 Likes

The dead period extension is what everyone already knew and the way I understand it coaches were told 2 months ago. Doesn’t make it any less screwed up though. Mostly impacts 2022 recruiting at this point for high majors. It’ll be next April before they have a good chance to evaluate those guys.

4 Likes