2020-2021 season

Well I do know several coaches, Parents, admin and volunteers will record games live. So there is still a chance a few kids being seen.

4 Likes

Totally makes sense I’m sure if games are being played coaches will have a way to get film of them if they really want/need it

1 Like

Plus some families are waiting on the state decision on playing winter sports, like me, and if they are not playing. They, like me, will ask for a waiver and transfer where they are playing. Like me, you have tu make sure you have a plan B thru T.

2 Likes
12 Likes

Hard for me to hate on Jay Wright…he always gives Tony mad respect…

12 Likes

Jay Wright and Mike Brey are my favorite coaches other than TB.

10 Likes

Mike Brey… that’s a sneaky good pick

Everybody wants their own bubble.

3 Likes

Got to imagine any of the power programs would welcome the idea of hosting a bubble and prefer being in the comforts of home versus traveling to SD in Nov.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t mind a Battle for the DMV bubble with UVA Georgetown GWU Maryland VT VCU George Mason American Towson UMBC etc. at the Verizon Center.

9 Likes

Wow that reads like an ad for a bed-and-breakast or something from Coach Mack. Incredible (and not necessarily in a bad way).

Also, the phrase “South Dakota/Battle 4 Atlantis” is chef’s-kiss-worthy. Atlantis is landlocked now!

4 Likes

You don’t need CapOne if there’s no or few fans. 16 schools, 2 sites, 8 games a day for 4 days. Howard and UDC should host so the HBCUs get more exposure. Howard UDC UVA UMD GU GW AU GMU UMBC Navy Coppin Morgan VCU ODU Hampton Norfolk.

2 Likes

I imagine the scheduling situation is a nightmare for Directors of Basketball Operations nation-wide, but as a fan, I like this Wild West make-it-up-as-you-go scheduling process.

2 Likes

Reminds me of playing club rugby in the states. Not sure who is playing schedule shifting in season. Not all the teams playing at the same time. Definitly the wild west

1 Like

Potentially sets up additional marquee games in Orlando.

4 Likes

Have they said how long it will last? Curious in terms of conditioning for teams etc. I guess 2 weeks?

3 Likes

5 games got to be at least 12 days give some recovery time. That’s a brutal way to kick off the season.

1 Like

Yea. was what I was thinking Assume school
on line anyway so they set up remote. Remember school? ha

3 Likes

Hah it’s funny that’s why I said 10-12 days because I thought no way they let the students be gone for more than 2 weeks, this isn’t Hawaii coming to the mainland for football season.

But with remote class, they could conceivably set up shop for longer which would make the schedule less taxing.

2 Likes

I think most schools will be closed from Thanksgiving through New Years.

2 Likes