2021-2022 UVA Sports Fan Positivity Thread

A thread for those who will need positivity throughout this sports cycle (because I definitely will)

Whether it’s positive thoughts, appreciation for things in general, or positive video clips.

7 Likes

Women’s swimming is still good

5 Likes
7 Likes

'Cause its one thing to start it with a positive jam
And its another thing to see it all through
And we couldn’t of even done this if it wasn’t for you

2 Likes

My own go to cheesy positive song.

1 Like

That is an earworm

1 Like

Hey guys. Woah, Dex is the hire huh? Well, see you later

3 Likes

Football ops building is a bit closer to completion after tonight.

If we keep this pace, should have enough bricks by the midpoint of ACC play.

2 Likes

I looked in the back of the book and we win

1 Like

Here are some clips to lift spirits. Should be a fun group:

4 Likes

Here is some positivity. We still have 20 games left to play. The team will develop chemistry and some guys (right, they have to right?) improve.

4/5 of our improved starting line up will return, with Taine slotting in for KC

Taine and Igor will become more comfortable and take the soph leap

Those 6 will be joined by Issac x2 and Bond in the rotation, each bringing a little something we are dearly missing this year to the table. None will go crazy but collectively will really boost the team

Back to top 4 in the league next year

8 Likes

This post made me smile. I definitely think Gardner will be back too and I’d love to see him play with more shooters around him

2 Likes

I usually try not to get carried away with optimism for new guys but I think it is a safe bet that McKneeley starts game 1, leads the team in scoring, wins NCAAPOY next year, passes up a guaranteed 1st overall draft pick because he wants to break Tony’s career shooting record, does so while winning 4 consecutive Mattie’s, goes to the league, wins MVP in each of his first 3 seasons, retires and returns to be an assistant, takes over from Tony and continues the program’s dominance under the 5 pillars.

I’m not saying it’s definitely going to happen, but there is a very high probability this is exactly how it goes down.

8 Likes

Dude, no Nobel Peace Prize? He has interests outside of hoops, you know. Way to undermine him.

2 Likes

Also missed that he’ll be the Vice President under President Brogdon…

5 Likes

Yup I would love for Gardner to come back. Sure…he has limitations (height/defense) but love his aggressiveness. He’s not scared of anybody…or the moment.

Also excited about seeing Traudt play the 4 next to Shedrick for more shooting/spacing next year.

I thought this thread was about sports

Hey, don’t blame us for you forgetting to include some of McKneeley’s expected accomplishments.

How many minutes should IMac be getting for the Hoos THIS season?

Edit: realise is just highlights but it looks and feels like Bond is gonna get better and better and better

2 Likes

And we have an official nickname

4 Likes