2021-22 Season Look Ahead

Schedule for the women’s season dropping tonight, and for the men’s season tomorrow night:

5 Likes

Hopefully this is full schedule, not just ACC schedule?

The ACC will only be revealing the ACC schedule I would suspect

1 Like

The Out of Conference schedule is already on the VirginiaSports website.

1 Like

Oh, cool. Thanks! I didn’t realize this.

Fwiw, the ACC teams are already known — that is, who we play twice or once — from the multi-year schedule grid.

Reece made 9 3s on 37 attempts. 2 more fall and he rounds up to a 30% shooter. Small sample size is what I’m saying.

Now let’s say he takes 4 3s a game, a 5% improvement is worth 0.6 pts/game and 10% is worth twice that.

I want him to shoot more as much as I want him to make more. I feel like if he’s guarded/respected as a threat it is worth more ppg to the team than a 10% improvement in his make% would be because it would open things up for others.

3 Likes

Thats sorta been my point. He needs to be more of a threat for us than more of a 3 point shooter per se

2 Likes

I’ll come from left field with a slightly different one: I want Reece to run more ball screen stuff. I feel like, aside from whatever mechanical and/or repetition tweaks/work, he’s doing, he will benefit from having the ball in his hand more. He just seemed particularly bad in that “get the ball on the perimeter from a pass and have that agonizing second where he has to decide if he should really shoot it” moment.

He seems more natural off the bounce.

4 Likes

Tammi Reiss and Rhode Island are coming to JPJ this season!

3 Likes

Measuring Tina’s office for curtains while she’s here I hope.

9 Likes

Totally agree with this. I thought Reece looked much better with the ball in his hands when asked to attack the basket (example here of him getting to assertively run the offense for a moment) and really became hesitant when he was off ball for long periods of time.

6 Likes

I mean, small sample size for a reason right? Passed up a lot of wide open takes given the poor confidence and stroke. Let’s accept it for what it was.

Now I’m super hot on Reece. But I wouldn’t expect him to jump to 4 3PA per game. I’d be happy if he could shoot like Kihei did his 1st year (34% on 2;2 attemps per game) - which was basically making just enough of those wide open looks to keep defense somewhat honest.

6 Likes

Does this mean people like Isaiah Wilkins can coach drills in practice or is that already allowed and two more additions can be made like Damin Altizer?

The former

2 Likes

Takes away some blackmail possibilities for Gaudio…

4 Likes

Another height comparison photo

3 Likes

I have a feeling that we will have a solid post rotation with Igor being that 4th big who can also stretch it from the perimeter.

There are alot of players I’m excited about for several reasons:

1. The improvement in Reece, Kadin, Caffarro and hopefully McCorkle.
  2. The introduction of Armin, Jayden, Taine, and Igor.
  3. The resurrection of Stattman
  4. The leadership of Three-hei.
7 Likes

Stattman looks tall, Igor looks a couple inches shorter than Papi.

3 Likes

Using the seats in the background as a measuring stick (and ignoring all confounding factors like distance and perspective), I’m calling it as Caffaro, then Kadin, then Igor by half an inch over Stattmann.

6 Likes

Igor won’t be the 4th big. We will see a lot of Igor off the bench I think

1 Like